a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Princess Is The Only Goat...


and I believe I can safely say there will be no more. Remember the old saying, no such thing as a free animal! Princess is half Boer and something else. She is small because she was the third of triplets. Her mamma said two is all I want. Since her siblings were twice the size of Princess the owner started bottle feeding. Then he graciously gave the goat and the bottle to Marcy. The baby bottle he was using said "I'm a little Princess" thus her name.
This goat is every where! She has a chainlink fence six feet tall...she climbs out. Wish I hadn't brought her home to my sister, wish we didn't have her. We cannot eat her so I will just keep complaining. Princess guards the yard with the dogs, runs the cats from their food, and plays chase. If it is there, she will climb it. What can I do? Look at that face.

6 comments:

Grammy said...

She may be into every thing, but at lease she is not boring. I love to see my hubby chased by my friends goat. I know it's me but too funny to see him run.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy...this post has me rethinking the goat scheme.....

Treasia Stepp said...

Hi Gail, I ran across your blog while on "the Knutson Family" and wanted to say hello. I love reading the farm blogs as I miss my own very much. I, too, am from Arkansas and spent many many years in Mt. View. Stop by and drop a line sometime.

Carla said...

Kind of like those people that raise baby deer only to have them eat the whole neighborhood! She is cute though! And even cuter eating YOUR yard, and banging on YOUR door:)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awww. She's a sweetie.

(knock on wood) We have a Boer cross, as well as two Nigerians, a mini-mancha and some sheep and none of them have ever tried to climb or jump over our fences.

What a crazy goat Princess is. Maybe she sprouts hidden wings when noone's looking to fly out?

~Lisa

Gail said...

grammy: Goats are a blast but they would be better behind a fence.

Farm Mom: Good Fences!

treasia: Thanks for checking out my blog. Something different all the time. Mountain View is a wonderful town and I try not to miss the Folk Festival every year.

Carla: I agree Princess is cute. She does trim briars and beggar lice fertilizing as she goes. She also trims tomatoes, okra, cucumber, roses, and eggplant. I guess she just has good taste.

Laughing Orca: Maybe Princess needs company to stay in her fence. Dare I try??!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...