a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, November 7, 2008

How Do You Top A New Grandson?


We have cows? What are they doing over there?


Beautiful fall colors are beginning to show.


Princess sticking her head where it does not belong!

She had to have help getting out of this.

Have you ever seen a snake skin Black Walnut?


I thought after having a new grandson, 
I might not find any pretty pictures.

Did not have a problem at all, just had to look around the farm. There is never a shortage of interesting pictures around here. I love seeing the beauty in a rock or a fallen feather or just the bark on a tree. I am completely content just walking and looking. There is always beauty. Now if they could just put this in a pill, a lot of people would be stress free.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.twoseasidebabes.etsy.com/
I know, I know!!You top Him with a hand made cap!!
\He is adorable...just adorable. Yes things seem dull after the human birth experience..yet they become brighter too as you have so much joy form sharing the love with the littleones!
Your pics are wonderful

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new grandson, Gail!!!
And I love the photos and think the idea of a beautiful pill is exactly what we all need, everyday! :-) Have a wonderful weekend.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Oh...yes a pill would be wonderful!...ooops, I can't take pills, how about in Fizzie Form?

Melanie said...

Congratulations to you and your family!!!!
What a precious baby!

Grammy said...

Great post. I love to find peace in nature too.
Have a great weekend.
Grammy

laurie said...

these are great photos. i've never seen a walnut like that before. and i like the tree bark, too. you're right--you just have to look, and the beauty is there.

i'm glad you looked, and showed us.

Gail said...

Kacy: Your work is amazing! My sister, Marcy, takes most of the pictures. She is a retired school teacher and always has a camera in her pocket.
Absolute Vanilla: Gonna try to get a patent on that pill.
WOW Factor: A liquid form too.
Melanie: Thanks...but I'm worried. Granny always said "Ugly in the cradle, Pretty in the saddle" Does that also work in reverse? I think he's awfully pretty right now.
Grammy: Thanks and hope your weekend is good too.
Laurie: That was a first for me. I guess a black snake used the walnut to rub off his skin. I have never seen an ugly rock or tree. I am always looking. The walnut picture taken by me, the other two were taken by my sister.
Everyone who has checked out my blog...thank you and hope you are enjoying my ramblings.

Tiffany said...

Congratulations on your new grandson. I'm with you, it's really hard to top grandbabies but there really is still beauty all around if you look hard enough hehe.

Gail said...

Tiff: Thanks for stopping by.

Carla said...

oooo pretttttyyyyyy! (love the purple sweet-gum? tree!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...