a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ramblings...


First I want to thank everyone for helping me end ...slow down...the hoarfrost argument. Den is still commenting and I just ignore him 'cuz I know I'm right! I did get another interesting name to throw in the pot for this lovely wonder of nature. DesertHen has shared the name of pogonip frost which is a very interesting name.

Carla had asked if we had much snow in Arkansas. Not much snow here. One year we had eighteen inches and stopped most people from moving at all. I like the kind that comes on Friday and has melted by Monday morning.

This award is for everyone who reads my ramblings. Everyone who comments and actually makes me feel like I am being heard.
Something or Someone has sent me here. If you asked me, do you want to blog, a few months ago, I would have said nonsense, I do not have the time nor the want to. Why would I blog???
I have met so many wonderful, humorous, delightful, kind, and caring people since I began.
I have learned, been encouraged, been supported and have been cheered.
I hope that I have entertained you. I hope some things I've said made a difference. I hope that I have made you smile...and sometimes, made you teary-eyed. If I have touched your heart in any way or just let you know you are not alone, this award is for you.
Thank you. Your welcome here anytime!

11 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Congratulations Sweetie! You deserve it. I always get a smile coming to visit.

Have a great weekend. :D
Skippy

Carla said...

You got me! Happy or sad, I'm a fan:)
Our freezes or snows (1/2' or less) stop time too:) My step-daughter in WI just laughs! Yes, I'm a wimp, and I like it that way!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awww! I'm glad you like me around, too. Congrats on the award. I really do enjoy reading your blog and seeing what you've been up to :)

And I like snow to last only a few days. Here we tend to get snow and then it's gone within 24 hours.
I'm hoping for Christmas snow now!

~Lisa
New Mexico

allhorsestuff said...

Sweet Gail,
you are a bloggy Goddess that often surprizes me with antics and walnut counts. You always make me smile, your photos adorable, your heards of animals large.

I always know to prepare to be thinking something radically different after visiting you "At The Farm"!
Love it and you!
KK

C-ingspots said...

Congratulations on your award Gail! I think you deserve it and a whole lot more. I enjoy reading your blog very much, I think your horses are beautiful and your farm seems very cozy to me. I catch myself laughing a lot when I read the antics of your everyday life and the goings-on of your world. And yes, you have touched my heart too. I am very proud to call you my friend. Thank you and I'm so glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family.

Grammy said...

I am so glad you started bloging. You lift my spirit and make me smile. You deserve a bunch of awards.
Oberhasli is the type of goat in the picture. Amazing this one did not even try to chase my hubby. But maybe the chain had something to do with it. LOL
Have a great weekend.
Grammy

Joyfulsister said...

Aloha Gail..
I was visiting different blogs today and came across your blog. Your animals are all so sweet!! It takes me back when I grew up in the country and had all our precious animals all round the yard *smile*. I wanted to say hello and I have enjoyed my visit with you today.

Blessings Lorie

Unknown said...

I think your award is very well deserved!
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and that you had a great Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Hello Gail! Thank you ! You are lovely and I am so glad that you took up blogging - life without it would seem strange wouldn't it ? I always look forward to your comments on my blog, and your kind support.This is a wonderful community and you are a very important part of it. Sarah x

Sharon said...

Dearest Gail, you do touch my spirit almost daily with your blog or your emails. You're never wavering in your love and concern for others around you. I cherish having you here and look forward to visiting your blog every time you post something new. Congratulations! You are so special to so many of us.
Love,
Sharon

Melanie said...

Congratulations on your award, your domestic, blogging, goddess you!!!
I somehow missed the whole frost conversation. How did I do that??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...