a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Things You May Not Know About Me


I have enjoyed discovering new facets of each person I follow.
Now is the time to reveal my ugly secrets.

SIX, NO, SEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME YOU MAY NOT KNOW:
I had rather be outside than inside.
I love horses and have two styles of saddles. The Australian is easier for me to lift and my husband prefers the Western. (Yes, that is dust!)

I love to write and paint. I am not very good at either but that does not take the joy out of doing it.

I collect Bryer horses. Someday I will tell you the story behind that weirdness.
I love some western art.
I do not like to clean house.
And if you didn't know, my darkest secret...I have a strange sense of humor.

Now that you know the real me, will you come back?? I surely hope so.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

I'll be back, over and over and over and over. Just like my comments seem to go on and on and on. I want to know more about Bryer Horses :)
Love,
Sharon

Veronica said...

I like your paintings! I think you do a lovely job and wish that I were less of a perfectionist so that I could do it joyfully and without criticism towards myself.

Gail said...

Sharon: I will post my Bryer horse story soon.

Notevenatshirt vb: Thank you. I just let the brush do the work and the colors choose me. I know they are not museum quality nor would they sell, but that is not why I paint...it is for the joy.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I think your paintings are beautiful. I enjoy creating art, too, mostly pencil sketches. I'm not very good at pretty subjects. They have to be covered in wrinkles with lots of character. It's much more fun that way for me :)

And I'm a fan of the Aussie saddle, as well. My Amish-made Eli Miller is Aussie in design and is only 24 lbs, has a suspended gel pad seat and is very comfie.

I'm in awe of your Bryer horse collection. My cousin collected them and I was always envious of his shelves covered in pretty horses, while for some reason my family always gave me those fussy Madame Alexandria dolls. I despised them. gah!

Oh, and I'm an outside gal, too. If I stay inside I get annoyed at all the jobs I have to do in there....like clean the house (eww!) Something else we have in common. lol!

~Lisa
New Mexico

Carla said...

Nice to met you, Gail!
Love the colors in the flower painting
Love the detail in the cowboy painting!!!

Grammy said...

I will always be back. I love your posts. You are a great writer. Where I have to go back and rewrite as my confusion some times don't say the right thing the first time. I love your are too.

Sharon said...

Now I remember you doing this tag, sorry I sent it to you again :(

I'm wondering if you'll get this comment, it's a reply to your comment to me asking about links. The links won't work in previews but will after you publish them. If you need anymore help, just holler (email) lol!
Love
Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...