a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, November 28, 2008

This N That

Cousin Jake checking out Evan Zander and Dad. When asked if he wanted to hold his cousin, he said I'm not holding that little rat!
Jake Lee and Andrew Keagan enjoying the beautiful Thanksgiving weather we had. Andrew and Evan, brothers, are Maria's children and Jake is Melissa's. Now I have shown off my grand children, on to other business.

My sister, Marcy, takes all the wonderful photos. She also cooked the wonderful Thanksgiving spread all by herself! Marcy is a retired school teacher and is enjoying her retirement by doing all the things she loves to do...like playing in the dirt.


Beverly, of course, is the workaholic. I do not think I have a picture of her not working. If you will peek behind her you will see me testing the chairs that I brought from the porch. Working hard aren't I?

Marcy, with her talent of finding the unusual pictures along with the beauty, found a nest of dogs on this cold morning. There are four here. They are in their place filled with hay. Top left starting is Cutter, Squigy, Buddy and TP.
I could fill this post with many more pictures but I have decided to save some for another post. Our Thanksgiving was good, surrounded by family and, thanks to Marcy, we all had more than we could eat.
Here's your day was as wonderful as ours!




6 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Cousin Jake's comment cracked me up. Ahhh...kids! lol!
Thanks for sharing pics of your handsome grandkids and dog and farm photos. Looks like there's one chair there waiting for me. We can sit together, sipping iced tea and watch Beverly working hard. teehee

By the way, a package arrived here today....and I think one of your cats escaped. hehe

You made me laugh so hard I was crying. I love this beautiful kitty, and her bony striped self is sitting here on my desk bringing me huge smiles!
The chocolate was also a very special treat, too, though, my 5 yr old saw it before I had a chance to hide it and I did have to share one piece. Oh well. :)

Thank you so much!

I'll be sure to 'Pay It Forward' very soon. What fun!

~Lisa
New Mexico

allhorsestuff said...

Too funny Jake!
Well, I'd say you had the best seat in the garden that day!
Cute pups too!

Sharon said...

I'm so glad you had a happy Thanksgiving Gail. We needed a baby at our house or at least one of the puppies. You had those feet kicked up didn't ya? I don't blame you a bit, I'd have done it myself. Actually I did lol! After I ate, I left the dishes and cleaning up to the teens and I landed softly on the sofa for the next several hours.
Love
Sharon

Unknown said...

Your Grandchildren are well worth showing off!

Give it a few years. Evan will decide he wants to be exactly like his cousin Jake and follow him everywhere.

Remind your sister that Dirt is the oldest toy known to man. It predates even The Stick!

Carla said...

I'm a 'master chair tester' myself-my bottom was created for this very skill:). What lovely pictures, I'm glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

LilliStJohn said...

I could play like this all day. cept I would be roaming with Beverly for a bit, of course be on those machines and also put my feet up, sipping iced tea waiting for that glorious meal. NICE :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...