a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How Cold Is It?


I don't want to know! If I know the temperature, I will be colder.

Don't get me wrong...I like snow and ice and low temperatures... on television. Just don't send it to the farm.
I am not one of those persons who will dress in more layers...and love it. I do not dream of a deep snow where I can go sledding, skiing, or ice skating. I do not want to join the Polar Bear Clubs that swim in the ocean in January. I do not want to pick icicles off the house, I do want frost on my windows, I do not want to break ice in the ponds nor water the livestock when it is freezing cold. I do not want to have to defrost my car or scrape the windshield. I do not even want snow ice cream.

I do not want it to be cold enough to freeze the nuts off a bridge.


I do not want it to be colder than a witch's chest in a brass bra.


I do not want it to be cold enough to freeze the horns off a billy goat.


How cold is it at your house?


This is all the snow we have and it isn't enough to count. That's all I want!


I am ready for spring!

12 comments:

Christy said...

I am so with you!! I HATE the cold. HATE IT!!!

Mim said...

Too cold, that's how cold!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Oh I have been ready for Spring! It's to be at 0* or lower by Sat here!!! And that cold is OK, if it must, just make sure the sky is blue!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I'm right there with you...a summer gal at heart. When it's too cold, I don't want to ride, plus, my horse's coat is so wooly that it gets so matted and dirty while riding and then I can't wash her down.

Yes, bring on Spring and summer!

ps, you cracked me up with all those hilarious cold-isms, too.

~Lisa
New Mexico

Adventure girl said...

I don't mind the cold anymore since my hysterectomy and if I am dresses warm enough;)

Sharon said...

lol! I can always count on you to bring me a laugh Gail, you're so much fun :)
Take Care,
Sharon

Veronica said...

I'm with you sister!!! Right now it's 27 and snowing. As far as I'm concerned, the snow can show up for Christmas only and then get out!

Mel said...

You definately wouldn't like it here. Only 7* F this morning, I don't like being cold, that is why my fireplace goes 24/7. Inside is like a tropical island... I do, however, have to do the morning chores, horses, chickens, and rabbits and I do, have to dress in layers (there's nothing better than Carharts)every farmer should own them. Of course you also need a hat, gloves, a boots. I must say, it is colder here than in Fairbanks Ak. maybe not temp wise, but with the humidity it decreases the temps by a lot!!!
Stay in Stay warm ~ I'll be thinking of you come January when it dips down to the negative numbers.

SkippyMom said...

Go snuggle with a cup o' tea and a chocolate. You will be able to bear up better ;D.....

Hugs and stay warm. I HATE the cold! so I am right there with ya'

DesertHen said...

It was 9 degrees when I got up this morning.....so I guess it is cold enough to freeze the horns off a billy goat here....he, he. Hubby always says...."it is colder then a well diggers a**." I would have to agree with him.....!

Melanie said...

LOL, Gail, LOL!!! Yes, our post's do kind of go together, don't they??

It has been a steady 35-40 degrees around here, and it is supposed to drop down into the teens this weekend. My joints hurt just thinking about it!! :)

C-ingspots said...

I have to be the oddball here. We hardly ever get really cold temps here, usually it's raining and wet and muddy and yucky!! But, like Melanie said, they are forecasting the coldest temps in the last 5 years to hit this weekend and through next week - into the mid 20's maybe. That's very cold for here. Which means the mud will be frozen and the skys will be blue and I can go outside - yeah!!! But, I do feel for you guys where you have prolonged bouts of the cold - it would be a major pain in the bass! Snuggle and drink margaritas by the fireside! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...