a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Inspire Me

I have been inspired by all the comments, recommendations, and before/after pictures. I lost my web page and had to check out the neighbor's fire right by our fence line. After that I didn't have a lot of energy left.

However....I did take some before pictures.

Sadly this is my beautiful cedar picnic table that Dad made. Can't see it, can you? This is where the laundry gets folded (ha!) and put away (ha!). This is right outside my dining room and is supposed to be a project table and a place for overflow from the dining room.

You can just picture can't you? See the lovely wood, the beautiful rock wall, the family sitting down to dinner....no?

Well, I could not see it either.
Part way there but I can't move the Quickcrete for a project on the screened porch.
Still have not moved the sack but maybe you can get an ideal. The door frame that you see is the dining room. When we added onto the old farm house, we did not want to lose Dad's rock work so we left it as a wall. Fancy, smancy, right!

Another view from the end. Remember you could not see the old mini saddle. It is not dirty, remember it was covered with stuff. I shall have to oil it...but that's job for another day.
Thank you all for the inspiration! Please, keep it coming, I need it badly.

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Gail that table is as lovely as you said it was and I love your rock wall. You've really made some progress what with all the work you got done outside on top of all of this. I need a shot of that energy you have :)

Christy said...

Nicely done!

Melanie said...

Glad to see that you are getting it done. Piece by piece and bit by bit. :)

Now that you are done with your laundry pile, do you want to come help me with mine??? Pretty please?? I'll trade you some outdoor help with my two kidlets!! They could get a lot done at your ranch...lol!!!

BTW-How did I miss the post about classes for men?? I am still chuckling about that!

Gail said...

Melanie, I would welcome all the help I can get!
Christy: Thanks and thanks for your encouragement to help me get started.
Sharon: I am still dragging but I did get one thing done. Let's see how long it takes to pile that table again. Hubby and Andrew even helped mate their socks.

Tina said...

Good girl..keep going and soon you will have that table cleared... yea!

Grammy said...

You go girl. I have my clean laundry on the guest bed. And put it up if we have company to sleep there. My kitchen table has me in a lazy boy with my computer. taking up the glass table top. I hope to get a few new plugs installed to where I will move my computer. The blog I was doing on cleaning helped me get a bit done. But I could not continue. Health put me down. I am having thoughts of putting up the kitchen cealin now. But I cant even spell the word. LOL

Unknown said...

It's a gorgeous table and a wonderful wall! And don't worry, you'll soon have that table cleared!

Unknown said...

Well done ! See, you can do it - bit by bit. I think going outside was a good idea too - blow the cobwebs away ! Keep going !! Sarah x

Adventure girl said...

You go girlie! You are so cute!

DesertHen said...

Beautiful table!! Love the saddle too...=) Our saddles are in storage these days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...