a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, December 27, 2008

More Pictures...Fewer Words



It is...was a beautiful day. Warm, windy, and did I say wonderfully, comfortingly warm!
No snow, no rain, only mud left over from both.

Started at the barn with my four God-Given equine treasures.
(Refer to previous post, My Mistakes, My Glories.)
All not recently groomed with their winter coats.
As you can see the wind is blowing.

I took pictures of Arrow's whorls so I can get them read by some whorl expert (y'all!). In this picture you can see plainly why he is dubbed Broken Arrow.

Knot was too busy eating to smile for the camera.

Showing Magic's blue eye.

It was a day for muck boots, not these!
 It was warm enough that the mud felt quite wonderful pouring through all the holes
while I was trying to keep my balance.

Maggie and Lil anticipating the walk
Then we walked.

One of five ponds we have. This is the New pond, meaning it was built in the last twenty years. We also have the Top Pond, the Highline Pond, the Frog or Hog Pond and the Spring Pond.

Parts of the creek no one sees
Another hidden jewel

Help! I lost my feet!

The sky darkens!

Watching Lil hunt a varmint.

Enjoyed the day and took many pictures.

and found my feet!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

I just read your post below, and know that you are not alone in your addiction!!! I think that most of us are addicted to blogging, and those who say they aren't, are lying...lol!!!!

Did you say it was warm today??? I am so jealous; although it has warmed up to 40 degrees here and the snow is rapidly melting. Yay!!! My hubby has one more day of his horrible schedule, and then things will back to normal for us.

Sharon said...

Oh Gail all of the pictures were just awesome! I love everything you share about your farm and yourself. Your blog is always so enjoyable to read. It makes me want to be there.

I got the package today :) Thank you so much :) I'll share pictures on my blog within the next day or two :)

Huggs :)
Sharon

Ice Pony Girl said...

I enjoyed the horse photos...loved all the stars, snipes and blazes. I can't believe you are walking around in crocs!!! HA! We have a ton of snow here!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I would do anything to walk outside and feel mud oozing into my crocs! How lucky you are to have all those ponds. Are they deep enough to swim in or take a little boat to float around in?

Lovely horse photos and (lol!) Lil hunting down that cute varmit. :)

Thanks for the fun post. Look like I do have a lot of catching up to do my friend.

~Lisa
New Mexico

Unknown said...

What gorgeous pictures,Gail, shares your world (and your feet) so beautifully! :-)

Tiffany said...

Love the pictures, and yes, you can definitely tell why Broken Arrow has that name!
Glad you were able to enjoy a nice warm day and feel some mud between your toes, those are the best kind of days aren't they?

DesertHen said...

Great photos...I enjoyed walking along with you. I love the photos of your horses!! I'm having me some horse envy right now...he, he

Carla said...

ahhh warm muddy feet! Heaven in December! What beauty surrounds you...

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Oh I love the Broken Arrow! Can't help but wonder, now, can you?
And barefoot in the winter?????? Lucky you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...