a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

This N That

From the walk


A friend, Sharon, was looking for a name for her home. I threw her several dozen. She chose one and has named her home. What an honor! Thank you, Sharon!

Back to work has been hard, especially since I took a vacation day. I had four days for Christmas and do not know where they went! Gotta face work with a smile since I do have a job but some days...
Many people thought those were all our cows on Mooing Monday...not! I apologize for the misunderstanding. I borrowed pictures from here and there to give a sample of Gelbvieh cattle. Our cows, at this time, are mud covered and long haired. They are still pretty but in no shape for pictures. The same in the Haflinger post, I wanted to show a variety of horses and the jobs they do. Sorry, if I borrow pictures again, I will note that. I have lost sleep over this...silly me. Now the truth is out so I may rest peacefully, guilt free tonight

Can you tell I love rocks
and moss
and ferns?

7 comments:

Christy said...

I may need to get you to help name our farm. We're having trouble coming up with a name.

Gigi Ann said...

I know what you mean about borrowing pictures. Sometimes we get an idea, but none of our photos match up with the post. I see nothing wrong with borrowing photos. I use to, but, got the drift when someone asked me if I took the pictures or did my daughter, since she travels more then me and I post her pictures some of the time. So I quit borrowing and try to use my own or something that everyone knows I borrowed. BTW, I love your pet rocks, they are lovely.

DesertHen said...

Isn't it so hard to go back to work after a holiday. I just find it plain weird that I'm working full time now and working on the eve of holidays and the day after. I'm so thankful to have this job!

I love the photos of the rocks and moss...rocks have always fascinated me and the moss is so bright and green, it really stands out.

Happy day to you....=)

Sharon said...

It's okay to borrow pictures. I borrow from posters.com quite often myself :) The pictures you shared today are really pretty. Don't over do it at work dear Gail :)
Love
Sharon

Carla said...

I, too love rock out croppings covered with moss:), my paternal family is from Mena, Arkansas and its one of my favorite places to visit, your photos take me back!!!

Muddy long haired cows is real life isn't it??? Big, nasty, stinky, meaty cows!! Real cows don't always look show quality:)

Yours, or others, all I can say is YUMMMYYYY!!!!

TxFarmhouse said...

That is too funny about your post about borrowing pictures. A few weeks ago I was travelling to San Antonio and took pictures along the way..one was of buffalo. Then some guy asked me if we had buffalo...
Nothing wrong with borrowing pictures..it told your story. I'd still love to see pics of your muddy, long-haired cows. It's always interesting to others' animals.
RiverBend Farm
Texas

Adventure girl said...

Great mossy rocks gal! Happy New Years!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...