a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Blues

I walked a mile with Pleasure
She chatted all the way;
And left me none the wiser
For all she had to say.

I walked a mile with Sorrow
And n'er a word said she;
But, oh! The things I learned from her,
When sorrow walked with me.

Written by Robert Browning Hamilton


Have discovered it is my new meds and these are side effects. Did not take one last night so hopefully the symptoms will go away. Took me three weeks to get here so am hoping it does not take three weeks to recover.

I am totally in numbville after three weeks of these. I knew I was having headaches and muscle aches but did not connect. Just one...several of those days when you don't give a poop about anything.

I WILL SURVIVE!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Hang in there dear Gail, I am still praying for you and thinking about you all the time.
God bless you!
Sharon

SkippyMom said...

I am hoping you are right about the meds sweetheart. I have been worried about you and wanted you to be happier.

I hope this works - we are praying for you at the Skippy household.

Hugs!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Feel better Gail. I'm thinkig of you. Very meaningful poem, my friend.

Hugs,
Lisa
New Mexico

Christy said...

I sure hope it's the meds. I know those things can really mess with a person.

Unknown said...

Aha! Pesky meds !!I hope this is a turning point for you.Take care. S

Gigi Ann said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. And that's the spirit! "I WILL SURVIVE." Hoping you all the best. Hugs, Ann

Grammy said...

I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Big hug get well soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...