a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dumb As A Rock


I have heard that comment many times through the years. I want you to really think about this.

You know how I get a hold of somethin' and chew on it and I thought...what a blog!

Just how dumb is a rock? It sits there, doesn't have to do anything. It is not affected by much, if any, very little. The sun warms it, the rain cleans it, animals enjoy traveling over it, it nurtures with no questions and it gets its picture on world wide web. It does not affect it whether it is in a group or sitting alone. It takes millions of year for a good one to break down...now why would we not be proud to be told we are as dumb as a rock?

Other random thoughts for today were:

I am so glad that all my Christmas decorations are hidden...and it is only 346 days 'til Christmas.

Sharon loves glassware so I'm showing one of my favorite pieces. Yes, they are artificial grapes(the purple ones, I know the gold would not fool you).

The last thought for today is....drum rollllll, please! I wonder why when my daughter visits to use my appliances (when I'm not here), my last load from the dryer is crammed, not lightly laid, nor neatly folded with love, but CRAMMED into a laundry basket.

Plenty to think about!

6 comments:

The W.O.W. factor! said...

YEA!!! There you are! And you know what? As much as green is my fav color...I LOVE this better than your old one!! Great Job! No more Dumb as a Rock...Just Smart as a Cat!

Sharon said...

Your blog looks really nice Gail. I couldn't get in touch with her today but I'll try again tomorrow. I don't think she was online, then we had a power outage here.

That's a beautiful bowl those grapes are in. The color is gorgeous.

I'll catch up with you tomorrow!
Sharon

Tiffany said...

Oy, my daughter does the same thing with my clothes. Wish I was the kind of person that could just take someone elses stuff and cram it in a basket without a thought as to how much work it would be for them later! lol
Love the new look, the blue is so soothing and the picture is great! :o)

DesertHen said...

Love the new look....=)

My daughter is getting very good at folding what is left in the dryer before she uses it....she is only 15.....I must be doing something right....either that or she doesn't want to hear me yell when I find it all dumped on my bed or stuffed in a laundry basket all wrinkled.

Carla said...

We have that 'cramming' thing here to-that or on the floor (oops meant to pick that up, blah blah blah). Rocks don't have to do much now, they've already lived their life. Its their rest time:)
LOVE you bowl!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Cramming is eqated with bursting full. Isn't that what you'd like your life to be like?

I'm just glad you didn't decide to chew on said rock....
And I doubt rocks feel pain.
And rocks are smart enough not to fall of a horse. Heck they don't even ride horses. Smart rocks.

~Rapunzle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...