a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, January 4, 2009

I Am Back!!!!!!!!!

Marcy Art

I am sure you have been biting your nails and sitting on pins and needles waiting for me to get over it. That is my Motto, Get Over It! But for some unfortunate reason I could not. I was lower than a snake's belly, I mean underground!

Thanks to all my blogland Buddies, I have survived and am on the way to the top! Funny isn't it, how you can be kissing dirt one minute and flying among the trees the next. It wasn't that easy but from this good side, it seems that way. From the bottom, I could not see the sky.
Thanks everybody for not ignoring my whining. Thanks for all the good kind words. Most of all, thank you for letting me know I was not alone.

First step was taking a shower and painting my fingernails. Funny how showers don't seem so important. In the afternoon, I ventured out into the lovely warm afternoon in a clean pair of pjs and my painted nails.

Guess who would not leave me alone? Princess, that wonderful goat, that belongs to my sister. I think okay, I've had my shower so I no longer smell like a billy goat. I do not know if she was attracted to wonderful Bath & Body Works lotion or if she was just glad to see me. She circled all around me, rubbing her horns on me, bleating and just having a good time. I escaped into the house and she was at the door, at the window, bleating to me! I grabbed the bb gun and thought that might persuade her to go home...NO! Princess wanted me for some reason. By this time I am regretting my shower. My husband saves me with the paint ball gun. Princess is now brown, yellow, orange and white. Looks quite artsy and seems to know it.
The Paint is on the other side.

Marcy with Buddy, TP and of course, Princess


Today was much better. Den had been building fence on the west side and had asked me yesterday to come see. He knew better than asking me to come help. Today Marcy and I headed up the hill, behind the new pond, to see the wondrous work of THE MAN!

As you can see, I am really helping. It was cold on that hill!

The cold did not stop Seymour from running down the creek.

After that freezing trip, I came back and started to work. The Christmas tree and Santas are all tucked away. The kitchen was clean until Den cooked. Sent(bribed) my daughter's mate and Andrew to go pick up my groceries. Did ALL the laundry. Changed my sheets and even had time to watch a movie!!!! Even repainted my nails...how's that for recovery?

Work tomorrow and I am actually not dreading it.

Thanks to all you guys who dug me out when I needed more shovels than I could find!

My camera, God's art.

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

So funny, whenever my nephew needs a shower my husband tells him to go wash the goat smell off!
Glad you had a good day :o)

Tina said...

Yeah! I am sooo glad you are back...I knew that smile was in there somewhere...clap clap whistle whistle..:)

allhorsestuff said...

Oh my sweet lovley Gail..
You are well loved and have done the same for most of us...we only reflect YOU!
Yours truly,
KacyK

Grammy said...

Wow Gail, I need some of that energy. I did not know goats would turn on you. I knew the one liked to chase and head butt my hubby. But liked me. I guess I have not been around my friends enough to get to know goats. That was funny about the bb and pant gun. I am so glad you are feeling better.

Christy said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. It is so hard to see that things can get better when you are at the bottom.

Unknown said...

How lovely to hear you feeling better.Well done.Life always looks a little rosier with painted nails and that just showered fragrance ! S

Jeannelle said...

My goodness, Gail......you recovered and then some!! Good for you! Come and clean my house now, too, if you want.

I love the poem. It brings back memories.....my siblings and cousins and I would play in an old wooden corncrib, climbing all over the place. And in our unique round barn. Both structures were damaged so bad in the tornado last May that they had to be torn down. It has made me sad to see them go.

I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Jeannelle said...

Also wanted to say.....great photos in this post. I especially enjoyed seeing the GREEN moss. Its nice to see that color again!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Welcome back to the land of blog, Gail!
Now tell me...were you wandering around "observing" fencework in those clean Pjs' you put on???? No wonder it was cold out there :)

Carla said...

When you fly, you SOAR don't you??? I should paint my nails, I need a 'girly' pick me up! (with out the goat loving:)

DesertHen said...

I'm so glad you are "back" and feeling better.

The goat story was to cute...she just wanted to give you goatie hugs...=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...