a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Last One, I Promise (Fingers Crossed Behind My Back)

A view of the farm from above
I have tortured you with my poetry now I will move on(within this post) with more entertaining(Hopefully!) and quite different thoughts.

To those who know me, you realize I started with an unknown purpose. I felt compelled to be here. Still do not know why. I thought it was to show the progress At The Farm. I have evolved, along with my blog, into something I cannot nor would I dare to name. Thanks, friends, for giving me wings.
The farm is still here. We are still working, though, not outside as much. It is hard to work when your eyes are frozen shut. I shall NOT speak of weather. I SHALL not speak of weather. Just sending warm wishes to all those in the cold.

I seem to have this problem now of waking extremely early. Do I crave the silence of the morning hours when no one else is awake? (I hear Marcy's numerous roosters crowing and think of dumplings, dressing and barbecue.) Do I practice solitude on purpose? Yes and yes. I seem to seek alone time and can think more clearly without the electronic noises that sing the house is awake!

Did I mention, I SHALL NOT SPEAK OF WEATHER?

I have photos from September through now to edit, burn and empty. I avoid this task until my computer moves to a crawl. I love pictures and Marcy keeps me supplied. She apologizes for using the same subject matter, dogs, horses, cows, cats, chickens, and a goat. I do not see the need to apologize. Her photos are great and tell the story while I am slaving at my lucky-to-have-a job-and-a-career heaven. (God, you do know I am joking? I have given You credit for having a sense of humor, so don't make me regret my words)

Beverly and Marcella, my wonderful sisters


More on Marcy...She has retired from many years of teaching those who resisted her wisdom. Marcy grows and plucks and prepares the most wonderful food for all of us to enjoy. Monday mornings I can always count on a very large bag in my car full of delectable things to eat at work.She nurtures us all, including the animals. Marcy is now kindly caring for grandson #3 while his mom is attending college. The wonders this women does for us are amazing. We should all be so lucky to have a sister like this!
Not only am I lucky to have one sister that is amazing, I have another, equally amazing! How lucky is that? Beverly is our doer, our organizer, our workaholic, our wonder! Beverly, who says she has lost her joy, provides us with joy every day. She brings the artist's eye and the dreamer's heart into our midst. An insurmountable task, in my opinion, can be taken by her, broken into little pieces and by doing each piece at a time, she completes the task with love and joy in her heart. Beverly takes my insecurities and molds them and reshapes them. She calls me artist and poet and makes it seem true. Ah, but she is truly the artist. Beverly paints, creates, motivates and encourages us. Her art is seen in every task she does.

Freshly written in a bout of insanity by me. You guessed it...another #%$#*#% poem!!!
~
1/16/2009
~
Please commit me
Behind those lockin' doors
I have heard life is good
Ya don't have to think no more!
~
I want me somodat nut candy
They hand out every day
Give me some of those little dollies
That make the world fade away!
~
Every day's the same
No surprises here
Tell me when to eat and sleep
Tell me what I fear!
~
Please permit me
Behind those locking doors
I have heard life is good
Don't wanta think no more!

12 comments:

SkippyMom said...

I love the pics of your family! So cute :D

I think your poem may garner a few comments - it has such a perky, happy cadence for such a scary idea...do you get what I mean?

Have a great Saturday and stay warm.

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

I too wake way too early, but I have just decided to embrace it and get up. Although I now require an afternoon nap...*smiles*

Since you're not talking about the weather I won't mention how dang cold it is here in the Ozarks! *smiles*

Sharon said...

:) I always enjoy seeing pictures of your sisters. You have a very sweet family.

The poem is really great, I'm not sure how you made an event like that seem to be so welcoming, but leave it to you and your talent and you can put a bright spin on almost anything. . .this is why I love you :)

Thank you for all of your prayers this week, I have missed being around :)
Love
Sharon

Grammy said...

Another awesome post. If you are going Behind those locking doors. Stop by and get me. so we can have some fun. They would kick us both out and tell us to go write a book.

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

Pssst I have an award for you to pick up on my blog...Thanks for your inspirations.

Tootie said...

I had a great time reading here! :-) I loved this poem. Somedays I wish somebody would lock me up. Ha! You sure have some wonderful sisters. I am an only child born on a farm, doing all the things you have in your profile. It was a GOOD life! :-)

Christy said...

I enjoyed that poem. Overall, I'm not into poetry, I don't get most of them. But some I like.

Wendy said...

Nice family you have there. I can relate to evolving through blogging. And we make so many friends too!
I like poems. They're fun.
Here's another one from summertime:

There are socks on the stair
And shirts on the chair
And underwear under the bed
But I'm begging ya pardon
I'm off to the garden
It's cleaning and housework I dread!

Have a good weekend!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like your whole family is full of one kind of artist or another, each in their own amazing way.
I love the sister pictures, and that one of you smiling so big!
I like the poem, a lot. Been in that frame of mind a million times myself, you worded it perfectly.

troutay said...

I liked your poem. I don't care what anyone else says, it was good.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Nope. You wouldn't last one day locked up, my dear. Your mind works best with your freedom and all of the animals and people that mill about you. That's your true inspiration, my friend.

And I've got the perfect name for you:

Duct Tape Queen!

lol!

~Lisa
Rapunzle

Carla said...

What a tribute, what a family! What a wonderful life:)
I think life behind the closed doors will come soon enough:)-don't rush it:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...