a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Husband, My Friend

Every one has been saying such nice things about their mate, so I thought I would lie... not really. This is the man who puts up with all my crazies, all my insecurities, all my furniture moving, and all my horses and STILL LOVES ME!

If asked thirty-seven years ago(in June) what do you love about this man? I would have answered his eyes, his laughter and his butt. Now, if asked, I would have to answer what do I not love about this man?

Today he brought me a gift and I would like to share. Enjoy!

My wife sat down on the couch next to me as I was flipping channels. She asked, what's on tv? I said, dust.
And then the fight started.

I took my wife to a restaurant. The waiter, for some reason took my order first. I'll have the strip steak, medium rare, please. He said Aren't you worried about the mad cow? Nah, she can order for herself.
And then the fight started.

My wife asked me if a certain dress made her butt look big. I told her not as much as the dress she wore yesterday.
And then the fight started.

Thank you, Den, for loving me. Thank you for the laughter. Thank you for picking me after all those girls you slept around with before we met. I love you, honey!

9 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Isn't it great. He sounds like a sweetheart and a great mate. :D

Congrats on 37 years WOW!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Gah!! I bet there's a lot of eye-rolling goin on at your house! lol!
What a silly coot!
The both of you are like two roly poly bugs rolled up in an old rug. Cozy as can be and willing to roll with the flow. lol!

ps. I've been trying to leave messages for you the past two days and your blog and my computer aren't sympatico. The screen freezes up and I can't scroll up or down, and it's taking a while to load. I just wanted you to know that I've been here reading your blog, but haven't been able to leave my mark. lol!

~Lisa

Grammy said...

LOl Looks like we both had a fun day with the hubby's,

Sharon said...

lmbo! That's hilarious! My hubby is still sitting over there laughing :)

Veronica said...

Sweet. :)

Maggie May said...

i am so jealous of your horses! i LOVE horses like any red blooded American girl. and this is so sweet...:)

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Isn't it awesome when our greatest Love is also our dearest friend?

Tiffany said...

LOL love it!!!

C-ingspots said...

Laughter always keeps the love alive. You two do know that you're goofballs right?? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...