a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Interview with Lisa


Lisa, AkA Rapunzel, has taken over my subject matter for posting. She has sent me interview questions. We must keep her happy and entertained in her tower. This is key to her recovery. We can only stand so many of those pictures taken out those windows of her room! Hopefully, if I torture her enough, that leg will heal immediately due to her desire to come kick my butt!


1)Talk about your proudest moment.


This is a hard one, leave it to Lisa to make me do soul searching!
I cannot define my life with one proud moment there are so many. I was proud when Den thought I was special enough to want to marry me. I was proud at the births of our girls. I was proud when the grandson came. I was proud when my oldest daughter admitted I was right. I was proud when my Bambie won The Best Wagger at a dog show. I was proud when my parents told me they were proud. Oh, there are many, many moments, the first step of baby, the first word, a job well done, a smile from a stranger...all these things and so many more.


2)Talk about your most embarassing moment.


When one of the girls walked into the bedroom and asked what are you doing to Mama, Daddy. Den calmly said, I am rocking her to sleep.


3)If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?


I have always dreamed of Ireland. It seems to call me, in its pictures and its stories. Could be the Irish blood in me crying to go home.


4)Have you ever swam naked? Where?
Yes, the first time was in the middle of the night when my hubby and I were camping at a lake. The water and the night were warm, the moon was shining and the freedom and feel of the water were absolutely amazing. Many years later, night time in our pool was my stress reliever. After a day at work, everyone asleep, I would swim for an hour under the stars, buck naked, and it was wonderful. Brings to mind words from the show, Designing Women, In the South, naked is when you have no clothes on. Nekked is when you have no clothes on and you're up to something.


5)How many pairs of shoes do you own?


Have to go count...I do have three pairs of boots, lace up, riding and muck. I lean toward barefoot and flip flops in everything...that's why I have so many foot injuries. I tend to choose one pair of shoes that I like and wear them til they wear out and move on to another pair.


6)What is the most daring thing you've ever done?


Table dancing...not professionally...and not really a table, it was dancing across three chairs. Hey, they were in my way! Hubby did help me down rather quickly. Just love to dance!


7)What is the funniest thing you've ever seen?


The contest with Den over a rubber snake. We would hang snakes in the fruit trees to scare the birds, move them around and the birds did not ruin all the fruit. We had removed the snakes after harvest. One was beside Den's chair. That night he dropped his jeans on top of it, the next morning he picked up his jeans, jumped, and blamed me. The battle was on. The next day at work, I opened my brief case for something and, you guessed it, there was that snake! Ok, honey, does not know he is playing with a pro here. He had a portable welding business at this time and we had been seeing a black snake around the truck, even under the hood once. Oh, I worked hard...when Den is frustrated and goes for his tools he yanks the door open to his truck, when calm he just opens it. This is a key factor is what I had to do. I worked for hours with that snake and fishing line. I had to have it just right! If he yanked, I wanted the snake to strike at him, if he just opened the door I wanted it laying naturally on the arm rest. The day of my triumph came. Den was working on some equipment, needed a tool, was aggravated and headed to the truck for more tools. I watched from the kitchen window in anticipation with a evil grin from ear to ear! I heard him holler all the way to the house!!! #*&$&&* GAIL! He had jerked open the door, the snake jumped and struck him perfectly and lay swinging by its invisible string as he cursed me. Ah, the sweet taste of success!! The snake was never seen again.

Lisa, you must never ask me questions...because I will answer. Thanks, this was fun.

8 comments:

Christy said...

Oh you are my type of woman! Great answers.

Gigi Ann said...

Very interesting, and I liked the snake joke you pulled on your husband.

I am afraid of snakes, but, my kids were not. So one day the boys were to be working in a rock pile for some reason, and in they came pretending the youngest one had been bitten by a snake, when I asked what kind, the other one pulled it out from behind his back and said this one. And then they laughed their heads off at me, for screaming.....

C-ingspots said...

Oh GAIL!!! I loved this!!! I feel like I've just received a present, this was so good. You've cracked me up!! I smile at your words, at your sense of humor and at your honesty. Thanks for the glimpse into the "real" Gail. I just love you girl! Great answers!!
And, Lisa - good job to you kiddo - these are some fantastic questions. Took some thought.

Treasia Stepp said...

I loved the snake joke you pulled on Den. That's just too funny. Sounds like something Trucker and I would do to one another. LOL.

allhorsestuff said...

I can't even comment more now cause my eyes are blurred and my belly is heavin' with laughter!
KK That was Guuuud

Tina said...

Gail,
You never cease to amaze me with the way you think..now I know..its the irish come'n out in ya! Ornery...but lovable! Great post with some wonderful funny stories!

Grammy said...

All great questions and answers. You had me so excited with the snake. I was like YES! hehehehe. When he got it. I love the intense build up to what happened.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I love reading your answers, so I don't think I will ever stop asking you questions, my mischievious, nekked swimming, flip-flop wearing, rockin'-all-night, dancing Irish friend!

Love ya, Gail!

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...