a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Monday, January 19, 2009

Princess, Attitude and Culinary Wonders


I have been ignoring Princess lately. She spoke with me quietly and wondered if I was avoiding her. I said yes, you vex me. But I love you, she says, almost as much as Mamma Marcy. Princess, you must improve your food choices or I fear for your life (Barbecue comes to mind here!) You must NOT eat any wiring, such as the wiring to the mule battery or the entire light wiring system under Uncle Den's truck. You cannot gleefully jump from bed to seat in the Mule or Ranger. Your hooves are so sharp they cut the seats. I do realize you clear out the loose ends quite nicely with your ever working teeth but we must have some boundaries. I know the Kubota is a lovely orange and looks like a child's jungle gym but that is off limits too. I have noticed a wire hanging from the front of my car, have you been there too?
From this point on, stay away from all things with wiring!

...or there could be dire consequences!


Many of you have been so kind to share culinary delights and recipes. I have decided to contribute a little in that department. This is easy to make and I can guarantee you have NEVER tasted anything like this before.

Five cups deer broth(saved from roast)

One half cup of crackers, salted white

A handful of Aged Bouillon cubes, flavor of your choice

One half cup of pancake mix, unknown age or origin

One cup of mealy bug cornmeal mix

Two hardened hamburger buns, torn into spoon size pieces

Cheerios and Soup

Two slices of cooked turnips.

Now here is the tricky part, all this must be stirred and cooked slowly to thicken. Ah, you can smell it in the air! When this has reached the thickness of your desire. Add Dog Food to taste and serve those freezing outside dogs. They will love you for it!

5 comments:

Grammy said...

I love your recipe. lol. I needed the smile and boy is that goat attracted to wire. I knew they would eat any thing. But had no Ideal this was on the menu. Yes I am awake early rather than going to bed soon. I normally sleep in the morn and stay up the rest of the lime. It is hard to sleep at night. I hate waking up to see if hubby will breath again. He has stopped using the sleep apnea device. So I can no longer hear him breath in the kitchen. while he is in bed room.

Christy said...

I'm glad that recipe was for the dogs, cuz it wasn't sounding so good to me! And Princess sounds like a handful.

DesertHen said...

Princess sounds like one busy little gal. We had a herd of goat kids chew the wiring under our truck a few years back. Didn't discover it until it was dark and we didn't have any tail lights or break lights.

I bet the dogs will flip for that recipe......yummo. =)

Carla said...

Love your recipe!! Is that the 'pantry dump'? Ours had 'pig juice' (from the pork roast) last night and were in hog heaven:)

Poor poor Princess! Or is it, poor poor Gail?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

hah! Naughty Princess!

Ok Gail...remind not to eat anything you serve me while visiting ok? Ewwwww.
I'll do the shopping and cooking when I'm there (please?) gah!

I feel a little green now. You had me at the 'mealy bug' cornmeal mix. I've had those buggers in my own cornmeal mix before. Yuk!

Ok time to move on...try to forget the imagery from your gourmet blend dog food stew.

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...