a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Battle In The Closet

Ever think how much you can get done in one day? I had a great start. Bev had helped me put the bones together in my house so I just had a few things to do. Simple things, one minute jobs, piece of cake, right!

My first job was to get a sliding door back on track in a closet. No matter what I did, nothing worked. I lifted, I angled, I talked to it...it was not going back in. When I thought I might injure the door or me, I would come check my email...only thing that saved me.

I finally decided after over an hour battling with the door, some one or some thing was gonna give and it wasn't gonna be me. Out comes the hammer and off comes the one door that was on track and working fine. I put up a large curtain rod and placed a curtain over the closet door. Problem solved. Just wish I had gotten there earlier.

This is Andrew's closet and I spent a good hour rehanging his clothes and placing his shoes in his closet, after I had cleaned it of course. His clothes had been in another closet. This is now, or will be his new preteen room. I think he is getting a little excited. He found shirts in the closet he had forgotten about!

Other than the standard laundry, dishes, sweeping, cleaning commodes and hanging one more curtain, I did nothing!

So much for my big plans.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Gail!! That doesn't sound like nothing to me!!! S

C-ingspots said...

Doesn't it feel great to accomplish stuff like that?? I have so many "to do's" on my list that I'm feeling overwhelmed...I need help!

Tina said...

Gail,
Absolutely loved your music you chose for this...you keep a smile on my face and that's WHY I love to visit your blog!
I think you accomplished quite a bit today...and it sounds like you are really a little hurricane at this point...putting me to shame..you are!!

Wendy said...

I think you did lots!

Christy said...

I managed to cut 5 pieces of wood today. Oh and transplant 3 brcolli plants. Not sure a great day overall. Yeah, and of course dinner, dishes etc.

allhorsestuff said...

Gail~
I actually did NOT read this post...will later. Wanted to stop by qyuickly and say my computer is retarded when it comes to using the blog link to open people's E-Mail...it just won't..so YOU will have to write to me first and then I may reply and send you the info reguarding Picasa.
K?!!
kacyinhim@comcast.net is the place to reach me!!
Talk a bit later I hope!
KK

Jeannelle said...

The dog's face is just hilarious! Perfect. Sounds like you accomplished much more than nothing. Isn't it funny, though, how the regular things like laundry, dishes, sweeping seem like "nothing" to us when actually they are alot of "something." Hope you had time to rest after all that doing nothing.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

LOL! That dog could hold my face some days!
Today's not a holiday...how come you worked so hard at home and not the PO?

Gigi Ann said...

Well, it sounds like you got quite a bit of work done. Closets, take a lot of time getting them organized, and I too, decided I wanted a curtain on one of my closets, I like the curtain much better then the door, so much easier to get things in and out.

Treasia Stepp said...

It sounds like you got quite a bit accomplished. Good for you. Give yourself a nice pat on the back. I hate tackling closets myself as well.

Carla said...

Sounds like a smart solution-that closet door probably would have never worked right anyway!! you did more than me, if that counts for any thing-However today, I'm getting off my butt and cleaning my house-20 minutes at a time:)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

ROFLMBO!! That dog's floppy manic face is just too crazy! lol!

Sliding doors are the bane of humanity. Clever of you to figure out using a curtain is better. :D

Now I just gotta know (or not), why you've got bones around your house to put together.
Whatcha got there.....a natural history museum?

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...