a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Winter Woolies

Looking down Marcy's steps.

The animals are still woolly but the frogs are singing tonight. I hope it means spring is near.


I look at all the woolly coats still around. I am glad they had them to stay warm. I look forward to their shiny new spring coats.

Ice damage is everywhere. Maybe in a hundred years, we will get it cleaned.


This is the nice spring pond filled with pines we could have logged...not now.
Last year you could not see the sky from here.

7 comments:

Carla said...

Love fuzzy winter coats:)

Its amazing how long it takes to grow, and how quick it can be knocked down. Our big storm line shows its headed your way also, stay safe.

allhorsestuff said...

Oh..damage everywhere I know!
Your whoolys are looking good. My mare looks to be a Big Goat lookalike bout now!
KK

Melanie said...

LOL!!! (I just read your post about celibacy!!)

I can't wait for spring either! :)

SkippyMom said...

Your pics of the ice were beautiful and inspiring, but it is sad [as we said before] it is so destructive.

If I rent a back hoe will you cook for me? giggle

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Well just think! Now you can see the sky! Beautiful blue skies ahead my friend.

And lots of loose horse hair on the wind, just like dandelion fluff. :D

(Sorry about all the clean-up though. Bummer)

~Lisa

PS, Come visit my blog. I've got something over there I think you just might enjoy.....bring cotton swabs!
(giggle)

Tiffany said...

Love that doggie!!
Winter coats are wonderful, always loved the way horses look in the winter...

Grammy said...

They should be loosing the fur soon. Spring is on its way! Yea! So can you get 2 weeks off?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...