a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Farrier Time

Please keep in mind, we have been concentrating on repair rather than grooming. Everyone is started to shed so the slick smooth coats will be here soon. Thank God, Mother Nature knew what she was doing when she dressed these guys in woolies this year.


Sam and Charme have the same color hair.



The boys waiting patiently for their turn. I keep all my horses barefoot.



Got something for me, Mom?

I even got a surprise gift from Sam and her family...goat's milk. I believe it has a fuller body flavour than cow's milk and certainly was much richer than the cow milk in the store. Sam had pasteurized it.

7 comments:

Rudee said...

Now see? I could live like that. I've never had goat's milk outside of a cheese product. Is it worth trying? I love goat cheeses.

I have to say, I love your music selection here. While My Guitar Gently Weeps, is one of my most favorite songs. I slightly prefer the George Harrison version, but that's only because I had a hankering for him. Big Time Hankering. He was my favorite Beatle.

C-ingspots said...

Lovely photos Gail. Your Charme does indeed have beautiful hair and a lot of it!! I keep my ponies barefoot as well, except for the main 2 riders in the summer and early fall months when we are doing all the mountain riding. Where we go, many times we have to have them shod. I have been having computer difficulties lately and just today can access other blogs. Withdrawls!!

Wendy said...

Sounds good - the milk,I mean. And your horses look wonderful. Nice pics.

Carla said...

She does your horses AND brings pasteurized goat milk? What a gal! That Charme is SO beautiful!

Jeannelle said...

Beautiful horses, Gail! I rarely see horses, so the sight of these is a treat.

DesertHen said...

Beautiful color on the horses and that mane is gorgeous!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

hah! You cannot tell me that you haven't been brushing out Charme's gorgeous mane and tail. The are so silky and tangle free. Wow! My mare looks like she has dreadlocks now.
And she also needs a farrier visit. She's about 2 weeks late now. I wanted to wait until I could be the one to meet the farrier, as John isn't comfie with haltering and holding her for the farrier.

Looks like next week should be good for me. I'm getting stronger and more balanced every day. :)

Goats milk...sigh. Lucky you. I was supposed to have bred my mini mancha doe over the winter for an early summer freshening, but plans kind of changed. sigh...
Hopefully fresh goats milk next year.

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...