a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, March 13, 2009

Sky Watch Friday The Thirteen


I am not very superstitious. Takes too much work to keep up with all the things that are supposed to be unlucky.

However, I have tested it through the years. For those of you who know me well, this will not come as a surprise. I just considered it my job to test these theories.
I have gleefully opened an umbrella and danced through the house.
I have walked under ladders and the sky did not fall nor the bucket of paint.
Thousands of black cats have crossed my path and I never turned around.
I spill salt repeatedly on thistles At The Farm but have never thrown any over my shoulder.
I have even broken a few mirrors in my life time and did not see a drastic change, except that my mirror was broken.
Some say thirteen is bad...but to others it is lucky.
If we did not have thirteen, we would not have Jesus and his twelve disciples.
HAPPY FRIDAY THE THIRTEEN!
May you be blessed.

12 comments:

Tina said...

Yea I'm first on friday the 13th!! Good point! Hope you have a great day!!

Nola said...

If anything, black cats have brought me luck, I've had 2 beautiful ones in the past years. I am not superstitious, either. Have a great weekend!

Rudee said...

Uh huh. I don't share your positive attitude and dread my Friday the 13th night at work. The full moon brought me ghouls and worms, so we'll see what tonight brings.

Christy said...

It seems to have been unlucky for us this year. My dad was supposed to fly down today to spend the weekend with us and ended up booking his flight at the wrong airport. So, no visit. Logan is devastated!

Gigi Ann said...

I am not superstitious! My first date with my husband was on Friday, December 13, 1957 and we are still together almost 52 years later. And I too have had many black cats and my present cat, Mr. Jones is a black cat and very friendly.

Have a Great Day!

Ann

Gigi Ann said...

P.S. Your Sky Watch Photo is very beautiful.

Jeannelle said...

Actually, I had forgotten that this was Friday the 13th until I saw your post. I like your comment about Jesus and the 12 disciples....clever of you to think of that.

Love SkyWatch scene!

Treasia Stepp said...

Happy Friday the 13th to you as well. Now that mirror thing, well let's just say I have proof of bad luck on that one. LOL.

Unknown said...

There shall be no unluckiness with a sky like that! Have a great day:>)

Sharon said...

I've never been superstitious either Gail although I do put some value into the full moon insanity theory. My daddy always said he'd get a strong hankering for a drink on the night of the full moon (and he'd usually get that drink too).

13 is a great number when you look at it that way :)

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

How truly and perfectly expressed! I liked glass-breaking thing the most :)

Smoked Off Face at the Willingdon Crescent in Jamnagar
Birdhouses, Birdfeeders, Birdbath

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

That photo is gorgeous!!

I do have a habit of 'knocking on wood' when I say something that might come true that I don't want to.

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...