a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, April 11, 2009

I Promise...

Dogwoods are blooming.
Wild Strawberries and wild lettuce

A project Bev finished last fall



Need I name them??


Rock moss is growing well. It is beautiful in bloom.

No more vacation pictures. While I have entertained(bored) you with my tales of crime and enjoyment, the farm has come to life. There are flowers everywhere thanks to Marcy and Beverly. The grass is really turning green. We are hoping the sprouting of the trees will cover the canopy damage.
The storms came close again last night but we got lucky. Mena, Arkansas was not so fortunate as other counties and states that were not treated as kindly by Mother Nature last evening. My heart goes out to them for the loss of lives and the loss of property.

9 comments:

Tina said...

Gail,
Lovely just lovely pictures of green and spring hues!! We all are welcoming those signs and hope Spring is here to stay!!!
...I'am very glad to hear you and the farm are doing well..and escaped all the turmoil of the winds, rain and destruction! I just saw pics on the tv... so horrible.. sure makes one count their blessings ...again ..and ...again! :0 Do hope you and yours have a wonderful Easter..and stay out of trouble with the Easter bunny!! (joking) loved your antics on your trip!!

Rudee said...

You have so much in bloom and we are so far behind. I'm hoping for some flowers and more buds soon. The forsythia is bursting forth though. At least that's something. Before last week's snow, I saw my neighbor's crocus plants blooming, but nothing here. To make up for that, I bought a bouquet of flowers for myself yesterday.

Have a Happy Easter.

Irene said...

Beautiful pictures of growing things. Very touching to see the tulips so nice scattered along the grassy walkway.

Storms in America always seem so severe and to do a lot of damage. America is a land of extremes and doesn't do anything by halves, not even storms.

Melanie said...

Your spring looks fabulous, and I just love dogwood tree blooms, don't you???

allhorsestuff said...

Springtime is so volitile for the adverse storms..I feel badly for those who are experiencing the storms. Oregon seems so calm...

I like your flowering spring pics!
Happy Easter Gail dear!
XO
Kac

Jeannelle said...

Beautiful spring flowers, Gail! I've never seen a dogwood blossom that close up.....very interesting center.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! I love autumn and winter, but it's nice to see that spring is coming. I love the change of seasons!

DesertHen said...

Your farm is alive and lovely! I love the tulips!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Which is why I appreciate our snowfall, even in April. A little snow, drenching the earth with much needed water is a mild compromise to serious storms.

Your flowers and flowering trees are just lovely. Is there anything that Bev can't do?

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...