a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Still Workin'

After Den, Andrew and I bought out Walmart, we returned to unload and work Saturday.

And you thought Bev and I were through organizing! We worked again today, mostly cleaning but a few more pictures were placed and a few knick knacks fine tuned. All laundry, dishes, floors, and three commodes are clean...it's an amazing feeling! I still have a few unorganized piles and places, but fewer than I did have.

I am playing with stir fry and no recipes. Had a lot of fun, threw in leeks, beef, three kinds of peppers, cabbage and water chestnuts, dashed some soy sauce, garlic, sugar, red pepper and wine. Toni and Bev helped with prep. Had brown rice as a side...or an under, which ever you prefer, with Mandarin oranges if you wanted them. Toni, Bev, Den, Andrew and I had a pleasant lunch, a real sit down meal, then we all returned to our various jobs.

Kubota King was out cutting trees out of the road up the hill with the help of grandson, Andrew. They are preparing fallen cedar to split for posts.
Marcy was planting some things but the garden was too wet to plow. She did not join us for lunch since she had already eaten. I think she was making Easter baskets for all the little ones.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and were able to be with the ones you love or wherever you wanted to be.

5 comments:

Irene said...

Your busyness is in stark contrast to my inertia, but it does make me feel good that you got so much done and feel so good about it. I should have been there at the farm helping you out, up to my elbows in the suds, cleaning and organizing. Splitting wood even. I'd love to build me a rail fence. That would be good therapy.

Rudee said...

You are a busy woman. If my special recipe for a Vietnamese noodle bowl ever reappears, I'll send you the recipe. It's from a chef, and it's one of my favorite stir fry recipes. A bit spicy though. I look for it. Somewhere. Hey, can you spare Bev for a week?

DesertHen said...

"Many hands make light work!" Sounds like you are all busy, busy.

That stir-fry sounded yummy!

Gigi Ann said...

Well, your stir fry sure sounded good to me. I'm reading this at supper time, and my stomach juices are going to town now.

I have to go fix something good for supper now!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Mmmm...I adore stir-fry! Yummy. Yours sounds delish.

Happy Belated Easter to you!

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...