a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Closeup

If any one has ever told you, redoing a water garden is easy, they are lying! Doing it the first time was not easy either, but both times have been fun. I guess you can tell, I love water features of any kind.
~
When emptying this pond of broken pot growth, I finally just rolled all the water lilies into a large circle, like rolling a carpet and had to have help dragging them out. I have tried to break the lily tubers with my hands and am now suffering with carpal tunnel. I have picked broken clay pot pieces out without slicing any body parts open and have sworn off clay pots in water! I have rocked my toes and fingers a few times 'cause you know me, most time I was barefooted.
Can't tell but this is an antique Dr Pepper bottle. It has the old ten, two, four clock on it and says "Good for life".
See someone peeking out at you, he's not real!

Just a closer look at some of the rocks edged with parrot grass in the water.

I love fossils!


Part of our section of crystals from Mt Ida, Arkansas, I forgot to rotate the picture, it is sideways.
When I started thinking how long we, the family, have gathered rocks to make this happen, it was unreal the years involved. We are all rock hounds, coming by it naturally from Mom and Dad.
The most romantic thing, I think, is when my husband brings me home an unusal rock. I know I am always on his mind. Don't over think this! It sounds awful when you say, my husband thinks of me when he sees a rock!

9 comments:

DesertHen said...

I love all of those rocks! And that fossil is amazing....such detail! We have always been collectors of rocks...especially my daughter...=)

Rudee said...

No, when husbands bring us gifts they know that please us, it is an expression of love. You are blessed. But then you already knew that.

I like your rocks and fossils.

Irene said...

I think it's a very good thing to be thought off when your husband sees a special rock. What a wonderful way to be remembered. My son collected green stones for me. I always liked that. I'm the green stone woman. If you come to my house bearing a pretty green stone, you are most welcome.

Gigi Ann said...

I am not a collector of anything, I use to collect pine cones, but when we moved 11 years ago, I had to downsize, so never got back to collecting.

Nevertheless, I like your rocks and the fossil is awesome.

SkippyMom said...

I can't believe that fossil rock- that is so [for lack of a better word] COOL!

And I love the dr.pepper bottle. So retro! :D

I am jealous. I want one...

Jeannelle said...

Wonderful rock collection, Gail. Nice spiral fossil. My husband saves exceptional or unusual rocks for me, too....yeah, that is sweet of him.

Carla said...

He thinks of you when he sees it, and loves you when he brings it home:)

My hubby is a rock convert. I love that you have a place for rocks. I come from a long line of rock hounds (loving this title).

You have been working hard, what progress, thanks for the heads up on clay pots in water:)

Tina said...

Gail,
You are so creative with all those little added creatures and shells! Is that fossil real..pretty cool! Do hope your hands are feeling better since you finished your pond! Looks great!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol!!! You're so funny, Gail :D

That fossil is cool!

On top of 10,550 ft Sandia Mountain, there are sea fossils. At one point, thousands of years ago, Sandia Mountain was below the sea. That always amazes me!

We live in the Sandia Mountains and often find sea fossils, too.

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...