a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Am In Withdrawal!!!

I MUST POST!
This is the water garden I built for Dad about seven years ago. I used Dad's rock collection so he could enjoy them. He spent many hours watching the fish, bees, and butterflys. Through the years I have let it grow out of control.
SOOOO, I have trackled the project. Had to take it completely out and check for holes in the liner.

Reshaped the hole, relined, and refilled the pond.

Moved flowers and started replacing the rocks.
What I thought would be a two day job has stretched out to several since I work outside the home. I am still repotting water lillies and looking for more rocks. Will post pictures of progress.
During the organization, I have found old photos. Here I am in about '87 with crimped hair and a trophy.

9 comments:

Rudee said...

Wow! That's quite a job. As for the last photo, you look proud, fun, but formidable.

Grammy said...

Hi Gail, That was allot of work. Your making me miss my pond. LOL
You look great with your buck.

Jeannelle said...

Welcome back! Oh, goodness, you have been working hard. The water garden is beautiful. What a wonderful photo of you, too, with your trophy!

Tiffany said...

LOL great picture, love the hair!!
What a nice thing to do for your Dad, I bet he just loved it there.

Tina said...

Wow could I use your help, Gail!! I've always wanted to build a pond..maybe I should hire you!! Your looks wonderful but oh soooo much work..how nice you are doing this..with your Father in mind :)
That is quite a scope you have on that rifle..love your look..and meat on the table!

Carla said...

What a COOL picture Gail!!! (Just a few years ago huh?)
The pond looks great, I can really see all the work you've done. (and I've missed you, BUT I understand 'life comes first;-right??)

Peggy said...

Glad you're back! I've missed your posts.

Unknown said...

Hey! Welcome back! Missed you!! I love the pond and you look like a rock chick in the photo!! Sarah xx

Christy said...

I've missed you. Glad you posted. The pond is amazing! I want one so bad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...