a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, May 22, 2009

Refreshing The Dreaming Porch

Beverly has decided the porch needed a face lift. She is painting and once again we are thinning and balancing everything.

These are the two new rugs I fell in love with at Big Lots. I knew I wouldn't get to use them for rugs! Bev had the perfect purpose for them.

This table with the pine cones and sweet gum balls is one I made about four years ago with scraps I found in the old barn. The legs are cedar tree cuts. It is edged with worn uneven two by fours. The center is an old piece of bead board I cut to fit and interlocked them for the top. Rustic was the look I was going for and I think I made it.
These two chairs are old office chairs that had been left out in the weather. Bev and I recovered the seats and placed this funky table there.
I am wanting to spend more time on this porch. We have more to do but getting closer.

8 comments:

Jeannelle said...

You and Bev are quite the talented decorators! I love that bead board table you put together.

Peggy said...

Looks like a great place to rest in the evening. Good job on the table.

DesertHen said...

I want to come put my feet up on your dreaming porch!

I love the table you made!

Tina said...

Have always loved that Dream'en porch idea!! Looks great to me!!

Irene said...

That looks like a lovely porch to sit on. I'll be right over.

Rudee said...

I'm packing up my spinning wheel and driving down so I can sit on your porch and spin. OK?

Carla said...

love these colors, for wood to fabric (tables are cool, especially the wood one;) are the rugs draped?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sweeeet! Looking good around there, Gail. That table is great! They sell that rustic look at the expensive stores, like Pottery Barn for BIG bucks!

I hope you get it done just the way you want it, so you can have many hours wiling away dreaming. :)

~Lisa

word verification: sures

Its sures looks greats ons yours dreamings porch my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...