a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

As I Listen To My Husband Vacuum...

My favorite advertisement

That's right, I did not stutter! As I listen to my husband vacuum, I wonder, how did this happen? What angel has touched him and asked him to help with home chores? I do not care who, what, why, or how, just keeping touching him!

I love the word, eclectic. It safely encompasses my style. It gives me freedom that does not come with modern, country, cottage or deco styles. Eclectic rolls off the tongue and makes my style seem important and fashionable.
I think eclectic is just a word for me liking lots of different things and none of them really go together but I like it anyway.

We must have the trophy buck so I dressed it up with my favorite scarf and it becomes eclectic rather than tasteless....isn't it wonderful?

9 comments:

Pyatshaw said...

My husband has been known to have been "touched" very occasionally but he doesn't do edges or corners and he tells me I take too long! My father never ever switched on our ancient vaccuum--he did nothing inside the house. That's why mother was able to cope so well when he died.

Gennasus said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and glad you like the paps. They're a great breed - lively, intelligent and friendly. You can do a lot with them, they're not just lap-dogs.

I've enjoyed a trip through some of your blog. I don't know how you have time to post as you seem to have so much going on! Love the horses, especially Charme, I've always admired Haflingers.

I too have a husband who vacuums, amongst other things. Maybe one day he'll get the medal he deserves.

And eclectic is good. Who wants everything to match?!

Carla said...

"Touched" in a good way! Ok, your buck winked at me, I swear I saw him wink! (ok, well maybe only in my mind:)
I love that word, eclectic, I can see someone REAL like you caming up with it:) I really think MOST people just have what they like in their homes. That makes it home.

Unknown said...

You are lovely, Gail.S

Irene said...

I always knew there was a word that described you best. I'm glad you found it. I thought it was eccentric, but this one is better. More tasteful.

Rudee said...

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

My husband does the laundry and though it isn't always done just right, it's done by him. That's good enough for me-and I'm grateful.

Melanie said...

LOL!!! I just reead that poem from a couple of posts ago.....

It is always nice when a hubby decides to help out without being asked, isn't it???

Patricia said...

perfectly done rooms are boring...eclectic is good. The buck looks good in his bright scarf.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! You make me laugh, Gail. The scarf is just the magoc touch. Really accentuates his...er...um...antlers (or something) lol!

~Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...