a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Tasteless Joke...

I received in a email. I was aghast at the audacity of anyone sending this through the mail to me! I do not send such trash nor do I forward....I publish it for all to enjoy!!!!!!!!

Remember, I am not the author, only the spreader.

The National Poetry Contest had come down to two, a Yale graduate and a redneck from Texas.

They were given a word, then allowed two minutes to study the word and come up with a poem that contained the word. The word they were given was “Timbuktu.”

First to recite his poem was the Yale graduate. He stepped to the microphone and said:

Slowly across the desert sand
Trekked a lonely caravan;
Men on camels, two by two
Destination Timbuktu.

The crowd went crazy! No way could the redneck top that, they thought.

The redneck calmly made his way to the microphone and recited:

Me and Tim a huntin’ went.
Met three whores in a pop up tent.
They was three, and we was two,
So I bucked one, and Timbuktu.

Hope it made you smile!

7 comments:

mrscravitz said...

HAHA! I have not heard that one! To Cute!

Unknown said...

Hahaha!S

Irene said...

Ha ha, that was great, good show!

Nola said...

I will always smile when I hear the word "Timbuktu" now!

Christy said...

Good one!

Patricia said...

yep...made me smile
Gail...I just saw your question asking if Bekka was a German shorthair...yes, she is. She and Sally are our last hunting dogs. Bekka stays by you much more than most hunting dogs..I would have another in a second...I think they're beautiful...but she's vocal..and I've heard many are.

DesertHen said...

That was a GOOD one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...