a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Being Brave

I am calling it quits on this one.
and this is my new project.
I do not do art, I do therapy, oh, that I could paint or draw! Many of my blog friends produce fine works of art, I envy that. The fact that I am brave enough to post this says something...don't know what!
Not exactly a prime display but I use the old pant hangers to hang them up to decide to keep or trash. Many days I throw them away and Bev pulls them out of the trash. I love the painting of it, not the end, so I guess I will keep painting and not worry about the end result but remember the love of painting it.

5 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Awesome! I don't know which one I like better, but I think I am going with the second one? Maybe...both so different....but the road reminds me of going to my grandparents farm. So memories.

You can call it therapy all you want lady, but I call it ART. So there! :P

Unknown said...

We are our strongest critics, and often inaccurate ones!

I like the rolls of hay, they look ready to ... roll! :)

Gennasus said...

If it makes you feel good then do it! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You may not like it but somebody else might.

I'm kind of late visiting, only just got around to commenting on your dog post. If you do get one then I wish you well with it.

Irene said...

You did a fantastic job on the rocks, Gail. Don't throw that one away. I like the country road also. Have you heard of Grandma Moses and seen any of her work? Maybe she can be an inspiration to you. I'm just making the connection in my mind.You're an artist.

Unknown said...

How funny - I just posted a similar post! It is the therapy that draws us in isn't it? The whole creative process is so calming. I love your hay bales - my favourite of yours so far. Keep painting, Gail and Marcy, Keep pulling them out of the trash!!Sarah x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...