a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gypsy Rose Lee...Eat Your Heart Out

This was the sky that greeted the morning of my new adventure. I thought this is a good sky and this shall be a good day. I had no idea by noon of this same day, I would have a four-legged creature trying to steal my heart.
I guess my spirit guides, or guardian angels, or the Voice Of God made me call ICARE. You know I have been in dog throws lately and was not sure why...At The Farm are seven dogs. I suppose I had not interpreted the message correctly.

Gypsy Rose Lee was famous for her enticing dance and I can see why Gypsy was named after this famous lady. Gypsy moves to her own music, bringing your excitement to such a level you can not resist giving her hugs and kisses. I have heard the original Gypsy Rose Lee had that same talent.
I am not yanking your chain, this lady is adorable. If I had not made a pledge to work with her for adoption, she would be the eighth dog here. I keep telling myself, I can't keep them all and my job is to move to the next pup who needs that extra touch and attention to begin the rest of their life as an integral part of some other family.
I had to take Gypsy to get spayed and hubby to get his stitches out. Sure glad I did not mess that up. Hubby would not have liked that crate!
Gypsy is the new owner of tennis balls, a wide red collar, a safety harness, and a black and red leash to match. I am working on her heeling but it will take a few days and the harness will make it more comfortable for her.
Wish me luck, wish Gypsy luck, so I can move on to the next dog and make the world of neglected abandoned dogs a little smaller.

10 comments:

Carla said...

Praying for your girl to gently 'break you in' for you new calling:) Gail, fosterdogwhisper:)

Anonymous said...

You have 7 dogs? Oh, maybe we all shouldn't have encouraged you getting a new one...oops - so Gypsy is perfect for you.

I know she will do great with you. And I can't wait until she finds a wonderful forever home like yours.

Melanie said...

Love it!!! :)

Mrs.C said...

Bless you for doing what you can. I've always thought I would love taking in fosters like that, but I get so attached, I would want to keep them all.

Rudee said...

You are getting her ready for a new life. If that life happens to be in your home, so be it. Only time will tell.

Rural Rambler said...

Gail I am going to wish you luck and send you and Gypsy lots of vibes for success but I don't think you are going to need it. This is what your heart was looking for and this pup is lucky to have landed At The Farm with you. I am so happy for you, this is a very good thing for sure!!

Unknown said...

Seven dogs. Wow. I thought we were bad with our nine pets (lizard, hamster, mouse, 3 dogs, 2 horses, 1 disgruntled cat).

Maybe that dog itch is best solved fostering...

Paint Girl said...

Gypsy is a cutie!! Hope all goes well with her!

Lori said...

Tell me more about this Icare. What do they charge for the animal when all is said and done? We've been tossing around getting a dog again. Or I should say I have, my husband not as much but is humoring me at the moment. We haven't had one in almost 8 years now. Gypsy Rose is adorable. What part of the country do you live in? I know, lots of questions, but inquiring minds want to know.

Anonymous said...

I really look up to people like you....If there were more people like you the world would be perfect! I hope Gypsy finds a good home : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...