a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Monday, November 2, 2009

The Rain Has Stopped


I tried to walk, after all the rain and you see where that got me.  Flood damage is everywhere.  Hubby gave me a ride so I got outta the mud but not before I was mud covered to the knees.

Here is one creek crossing.  You can see we have our work cut out for us.

The waters have receded, the creek is wider, logs have been washed away and the work cries out to be done.  You can see how high the water was from the debris.

Thank God for the sunshine!

5 comments:

Pyatshaw said...

I never realised that Arkansas got so much rain, or even anything about Arkansas at all before I followed your blog..not even its exact location.
Scotland, too, has suffered a lot of flooding after a day of torrential rain yesterday. We always talk about the weather in UK.

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

My husband measures the rain for weather.net and in our little backyard, for the month of October, we had almost 10 inches of rain in our part of Arkanas.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

We have had much the same here in GA. There's always plenty to put on the "to do list!" Wishing you a sunny week.

SkippyMom said...

I tagged you for a meme at my blog - it is after the post you just read, please check it out, 'cause I think you are "Over the Top" too :)

Sorry about the rain. But it could be snow. Or ice, remember the ice. Wooo!

Tami Weingartner said...

Muddy Boots! We have been fairly mud free this fall....could actually use a little bit more rain.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...