a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Semper Fi

A stranger came to do business at the post office.  As I walked out with her, I noticed Semper Fi on her car.

I asked if she was a Marine.  She answered, No, but my father served and two brothers and three cousins are serving.

Tears came into my eyes while asking her to thank them for serving.

It matters not which branch of armed forces you have served in or are serving now.  I thank you today and every day.

God Bless You!

3 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Thanks to all who have served our country past and present so we can be blessed to live freely.

Have a great day!!!

Irene said...

It's all very easy to say when nobody is fighting in your home country on your soil. It's easy to be noble then.

prashant said...

present so we can be blessed to live freely.
Work From Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...