a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Power Of Want

I have wanted, needed and asked for rain.  We have been receiving it.  Today was a special day for rain.  The heavens opened up and gave me what I had asked.  I put my camera in a ziplock bag and took a walk, a long walk around the farm.
Places had water that are not meant to carry water.
The mud color is from erosion.
The high line crew has made many areas wash.
This is the creek crossing. 
TP is considering whether to cross or not.
She gave me a crazy look when I waded across.
Self portrait in the woods
Beauty was every where.  I was barefooted and the grass that had crumbled two days before was now soft to my feet. 
I explored a few places across the creek and headed back home.  TP had not given up.  She was still waiting for me.
My walk was over and my spirit renewed.  The sun showed its promise for tomorrow.  I am glad I asked for rain.

12 comments:

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

What a beautiful post, thank you! I love that you were barefoot. :)

~that rebel, Olivia

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, rain. Always appreciated when it is needed most. Your walk must have been refreshing. Those kinds of washes are the reason we had to do so much work on our yard. French drains, leveling, and berms have directed the wild flow to the street without taking half our dirt with it.

Thanks for taking us with you on your walk.

Liz

Pat said...

Wow!! She has spoken! There shall be rain! Wha-lah!

I love your self portrait, and the last photo looks like a heart shaped cloud!

Irene said...

Thanks for taking me on your barefoot walk in the rain. It sounds much more exciting than a walk in the rain does here. I can't go barefooted.

Unknown said...

aaahhhh, the re-freshment of rain. Great feeling and great photography. :>)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

nuture and grow isn't that what we all want, rain rain rain

LindaG said...

Great story. :)

Rudee said...

I can almost feel the relief the rain surely brought.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I loved our walk in the rain. Blessings are blessings and you shared a lovely effective one.

allhorsestuff said...

Oou..I even felt the refreshing smell of the rain moistened grounds and foliage!
I am so happy for you Gail!
Very neat walk~
KK

An English Shepherd said...

Lovely rain :-)

Wizz

Melanie said...

A beautiful walk, indeed! Rain showers can be so refreshing. It is the daily rain and gloom that get to those of us who have been transplanted in the PNW...lol! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...