a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Johnny Cash - 'Hurt"


The first time I heard this song, I almost cried and that was without the words or even knowing who sang it.
Andrew was quietly playing and I asked, what's that song?  He smiled and told me while he played, then he showed me.

Sometimes the electric amplification drills through my brain as Andrew plays in the afternoon but not today.  Today he is playing Hurt and I type with cold chills as the beauty of the music envelopes me.

From Gregorian Chant lovers through Classical, Country, Blues, Jazz and Rock followers, you have to appreciate the message of this song...and feel the sadness.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Such a great song!

I have chills

Spring Lake Farm said...

I agree the song is haunting!

Unknown said...

I just adore this song.Johnny Cash reminds me of my childhood and my dad. Sunday mornings he would play Johnny Cash and Kris Kristoffersen and we would all sing along.This one is particularly beautiful. xx

Ellie Garratt said...

Hurt is one of my favourite Johnny Cash song. The words and the sound of his voice are haunting.

LindaG said...

Hard to believe it was one of the last songs he did, but he did a great job.



*hugs* ♥

Far Side of Fifty said...

Classic Cash..he was good even when he was old:)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

My daddy was a lover of anything Johnny did and this is Classic Cash!

God bless ya'll and thanks for the memories girl!

Pat said...

Definitely a classic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...