a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Through The Screen...

 of the Dreaming Porch, the sun peeked over the horizon, lighting our snow covered valley.  The snow arrived quietly during the evening, with no fanfare, no marching bands and no parades...it just came.
It clings to every structure, every limb and greets the first light with a twinkle of beauty. 
I see the beauty although my hands are numb from breaking ice and feeding animals.  The sun amplifies the beauty and brings hope that the snow will leave quickly.
We won't be dreaming on this porch today.
It will have to wait for warmer weather.

12 comments:

Rural Rambler said...

Ahhh. The Dreaming Porch :)

Irene said...

A Dreaming Porch sounds perfect to watch any kind of weather, at least if you're wearing the right kind of clothes.I long for a Dreaming Porch now.

Rudee said...

It looks lovely.

ellen abbott said...

Is that the silhouette of a dragon I see in the first picture?

LindaG said...

You'll be dreaming of warmer weather and green things. ;-)

Verde Farm said...

I love that you call it a Dreaming Porch-that is great. Gorgeous pictures of a beautiful place :)

Anonymous said...

I want a dreaming porch! The snow looks beautiful, tho deceptive.

Rising Rainbow said...

I have a dreaming porch myself. Too cold there at the moment but I love those summer days.

DesertHen said...

Ah that sneaky, silent snow...it comes when we least expect it, leaves its mark and then silently goes.

Lovely shots!

Country Gal said...

Wonderful post and photos ! AAA the porch of dreams wonderful ! Have a great day !

Susan Anderson said...

Dreaming porch, huh? I liked that.

I think have a dreaming porch of my own. Now I'll know what to call it.

=)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Darn, I have a carport, deck and a little pad at the back door but now I want a real...'Dreamin' porch!!!

Loved the pictures....sick of the snow and ice though.

Have a lovely day sweetie!!! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...