a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Monday Morning's Sky

Between the earth quake and the storms, I wanted to look outside early this morning.  I knew the water was high but it was still dark.  I could hear the creeks rolling.
The morning soon lightened the sky but  the moon was still shining.  I love early morning before the roosters wake up and things are still quiet...except this morning the water was roaring in the valley.
Ki wasn't sure what to think of all this water, you can see where it was by the debris but just before daylight, the water was already receding.  This afternoon, the water was clear.
After all the rain we've had, the fog was thick on the way to work.   The sun tried it's best to burn the fog away.  It succeeded before noon but the cooler air blowing, reminded me that spring is not completley here.

13 comments:

Jules said...

You had an earthquake? Love the moon pictures and oh do I know about water! Now are you driving and taking those fog pictures? :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Sunny said...

I really like the moon pictures with the trees.
I heard about the earthquake, was that near you? Scary!
☼ Sunny

Country Gal said...

Looks so peaseful. I love the sound of a babbling brook in the back ground when all is quiet. Lovely photos. Have a great day !

Rob said...

The last picture is very moody.

Barbara said...

GOod flicks, love moon photos, it does still look very cold though, is it? Hugs Barbara

Dreaming said...

Morning's are the best. I love your moon shots - you must have felt like you were the only person up at that time.

Susan Anderson said...

It all seems pretty majestic. I love the sound of water, as well as that time just before dawn.

Not so fond of earthquakes, though!

=)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Did ya get any of the 'muddy rain'??? Let me tell ya everything here was covered in muck. They said it was from dust the storm picked up over Oklahoma and Texas. Hubs had to clean his windshield to see!

Oooh, that moon! I steeped out the backdoor last night to grab a holdin' stick of wood for the fireplace and looked up. The sky was ever so clear and that moon was fantastic. You captured it well.

God bless and have a beautiful day sweet Gail!

DesertHen said...

Earthquake??? I don't like those one bit! I have been through several strong ones....6.2 and a 6.5!

Lovely moon shots! The fog photo looks so mysterious!

LindaG said...

Glad to hear the water is receding.
Hope you're all doing well!

Rudee said...

I really need to watch the news more often--this is the first I heard of an earthquake in your parts. I googled it, and there it was.

Hold on tight there girly!

(Great pics, BTW)

Golden Eagle said...

I love the pictures of the moon!

Irene said...

Earthquake? That's the first I heard of that. I'm glad the water receded. I hope you don't get too much of it in the springtime. The moon and the fog look beautiful. Isn't it amazing that it's the same moon I look at here in the Netherlands?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...