a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Strange Sounds...

as though someone was knocking.  They were but not at the door.  It took me a while to locate the visitor.
Someone or something was hammering metal.
I found the source.
I am standing in the bath tub, contorting to get this picture out the screened window.  The pipe is a wood stove pipe from the basement.  I guess the wood pecker thought it would make a wonderful house. This pipe is straight with the house but the way I had to curl and shoot, didn't show up very well.  The rocks on the outside of the house were in the way, too.
When I could stretch no more,
 I decided to try to sneak up on it outside.  I was caught and the wood pecker flew to the safety of the trees.
Finally...I got a good one.

7 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

You sure did get a good one! A great one, in fact.

=)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

You are quite the contortionist photographer. Good job Miss Gail!

God bless and have a restful evening void of fine feathered strangers knockin'! :o)

Kana said...

Heehee tenacious! Both you and your woodpecker are an example of perseverance to us all .

Jo said...

Beautiful shots, Gail. The angle adds to the effort you and the woodpecker put into this shot! Wonderful post. Have a blessed weekend, my friend. (((Hugs))) Jo

Jules said...

At least you'll be able to find YOUR woodpecker. He's the one with the rounded bill from pecking on metal :D

Great shots oh bent one!
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Rusty said...

Now thats a little different... Hammering on the top of the pipe. I remember a couple that used to get their kicks pounding away on the sheet metal roof of a woodshed. What a noise they could make. ATB!

LindaG said...

We have woodpeckers here that like to hammer the rain gutters every so often for some reason.

Crazy birds.

I think they just like to let us know they're around. ;)

Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...