a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lappy Appy, TummyTuck, More Flash Floods...

Surgery day was a beautiful sunshiny day.  The drive, long but beautiful.  This is Norfork Dam, yes, I do drive and snap pictures out my dirty window...watch for a Maroon PT Cruiser and get way over!
I arrived at the parts removal shop and could not find hubby.  All that remained in his room were sweat pants and his cell phone...they took him away early!!  I tracked him down in pre-surgery and they let me sit with  him til cutting time. 

Hubby was aggravated because they took his underwear.   He was drugged, I was nervous so the sick jokes flew through out the room.  He was complaining about how much they shaved...he wondered if they are working here, why did they shave way down there.  The RN said, when it starts itching, don't blame him, Blame the doctor!

The surgery began.  The desk told me, my friend had come to sit with me but I was not there...and I'm thinking, who knows what is going on, I have told no one.  Well, the postmaster who I had awakened at five am to find replacement help for me was checking in...Thanks, Diana.

It was done the simple way, with tiny slits...letting the tiny surgeons down on a rope to remove the offending organ.  Then they used the tiny fire hoses to flush the space.

He also had a hernia repaired while he was under the knife.  Hubby has never had an innie navel and asked Doc to make him one, so he complied...I guess, you can say, he had a tummy tuck.  Hubby has never experienced the joy of hidden ticks or belly button lint so I guess that was kinda his dream...now he has an innie!

I think I am "punch drunk"...when you get so tired nothing comes out right and every thing seems funny.  Hope this makes sense and no one is gagging from the wonderful picture I have painted.

Hubby sent me home since I had not slept for, I forgot how long.  Came home to my children, their family and my sister cleaning my house...I may schedule more surgery for hubby if my house gets cleaned!!

We had two more storms come through, so two more flash floods in the valley...but we are very fortunate, many people in many places have not been so lucky.(Warning:  many pictures to show!)

Hubby had called earlier and told me to rest but I need to hit the road.  Thanks for all your healing thoughts and prayers.  I hope every one is staying safe from the storms that seem to be hitting many states...and as I type the clouds darken!

19 comments:

Achieve1dream said...

I'm glad your hubby did well and got something he wanted from the surgery. :D

Take care from the storms. The weather seems particularly violent this spring. :(

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

tiny little surgeons huh????? Okay Gail whatever you say.
Now that would be an interesting bit of surgery, an innie please with a side order of repair and part removal.
Hope all is well at your house...and you get some rest.
Great bit about getting a clean house...I'm wondering what I'd have to do to get me some of that? The Olde Bagg

Jules said...

SO GLAD things turned out so well. Where they having a 3 for 1 special? :) And yes I just returned from my basement. These storms just keep coming.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Country Gal said...

Too funnt the way you wrote it I was giggling the entire time, My family and I are the same always have to make jokes at everything cause if ya dont you'll go crazy ! You would get along great with us and our familys lol Have a good day and tell hubby he will get his undies back lol !

Empty Nester said...

So glad things went well and you were able to rest! What a great family you have- so supportive. Stay safe from the impending storms!

Helen said...

I am a bit behind on reading blogs and I did not know about your husband. I hope everything went well and that he will recover ASAP :) Take care.

carolina nana said...

Glad Hubby is doing okay and glad he got the other problem taken care of as well. It's always good to get everything that's wrong taken care of since you have to be put to sleep anyway.
Praying you make it through this crazy weather,we are have terrible wind but so far not much rain. They say that is coming tonight.
Blessings and prayers to you
Marilyn

Rudee said...

I'm so glad everything worked out and I hope you get a little rest.

Pat said...

Glad your husband is okay. I loved the visual of tiny surgeons and tiny hoses. A tummy tuck, huh?

Irene said...

I hope you get some rest after all of that, Gail. I'm glad that everything worked out okay. A 3 for 1 special, ha!

mj said...

So glad that you have kept that sense of humor ... "they say" it is very important at stressful times. Also, glad to hear that all procedures went well.
Stay hunkered-down and be safe.

Susan Anderson said...

Humor is always a good stress-reliever. And if my giggles reading this were any indication, your stress has been mightily relieved!

Glad all went well. Somehow I had missed that your hubby was going in for surgery. Always an unsettling thing!

=)

DesertHen said...

Glad the lappy appy went well! Hope your hubby gets to come home soon! You rest and relax when you can...cause you know how men are when they are sick...they keep you hop'in for sure! Hope the crazy weather settles down back there!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I had hernia surgery and they asked about the navel and i told them I didn't need one so I have NO belly button. lol

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I had hernia surgery and they asked about the navel and i told them I didn't need one so I have NO belly button. lol

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh my sweet friend, what you have been through!!! Hopefully you can get some real rest tonight 'cause your gonna have to play Nurse to your hubby. Ya'll know what I'm talkin' about. 'Nuff said!

Know my prayers are with ya both.

God bless and have a restful night sweetie! :o)

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I glad he is through it.Yes!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope he recovers ok..watch his temperature! You will have your hands full for a few days gal..I will be thinking of you and saying a prayer too:)

Dreaming said...

Love your description of the surgery. I can just see the tiny surgeons heading for work now!
Glad it all turned out OK... and the BB tuck is interesting!

Stay safe... and dry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...