a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday...

was a me day.  I practiced being a human being and not a human doing.  I enjoyed the sun, the creek, the animals and just being. 
The Kubota crew removed the fallen trees from the spring pond.  We have still not cleared all the tornado and ice damage from a couple of years ago...but we're getting there.

Manly men celebrating the removal of a huge stump from the pond.
I loved on horses
and Ki got some herding lessons.
Enjoyed some wild flowers
and some not so wild flowers.
This weekend was long over due for me.  I needed some down time without work, enjoying the beauty around me.  I was showered with blessings and my heart is lighter.

16 comments:

Jo said...

So glad you could just "be" and not "do" anything this weekend, Gail. I love your photos. Everyone sends out a message of calm and beauty. Have a blessed week my friend, (((Hugs))) Jo

DesertHen said...

Sometimes it is just nice to "be"! Your weekend sounded relaxing and refreshing.

I was a human-doing today, but I enjoyed every moment of watching my daughter ride. Makes me long for days of old!

Have a wonderful week! =)

D. Jean Quarles said...

Such lovely photos. What a beautiful day.

Irene said...

It's good to celebrate being a human 'being.' We all have to remember to do that more often. I'm glad you reminded us. The flowers are lovely. I can almost smell them.

Dawn said...

What a wonderful day!!! I could use one just like that. Your photos are super...and I enjoy seeing color. (I still am covered in snow:(

Lovely blog!
:)

Rae said...

It sounds like a perfect day. We all need more of them.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Spring is the medicine for Winter ills. Slowly, I see "me" again.

LindaG said...

:)
Happy Monday, Gail!

Country Gal said...

Good for you taking a me day, its about time women lol
Love the photosand post. Have a great day !

Marie Anne said...

Yep, following you here now too. I want to love on horses again.

Dreaming said...

I like the 'being' rather than the 'doing'. It's important in order to get the brain in the right place.
But, it looks like there was some doing and you made progress.

Rudee said...

Well that sounds like perfection. Can't really improve on that, can you?

ellen abbott said...

good for you.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'm so very happy ya got to take the day and just be!!! I know how rare those days can be.

God bless and enjoy your day sweetie!!!

Bernie said...

Loved this post. How lucky you are! Pictures are wonderful and like a breath of Spring to me as where I live we had snow yesterday and sleet and cold. Horses are the most beautiful of animals. And I love flowers and the pics of them are like paintings.

Susan Anderson said...

I like that....a human being instead of a human doing. We all need that!

=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...