a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Today I Ran Away…

Not too exciting because it was to a grocery store in another town.  I exited the store with a full buggy and a light wallet. 

Before the grocery store, for a much needed treat to me, I went to Bath and Body, had a coupon so it wasn’t bad.  My favorites are Moonlight Path and Twilight Woods.  They’ve been messing with my smell!!!  I don’t know what they’ve done to “improve” it but neither are quite right.

On the way, guess what?  I took pictures, now that’s a shocker, isn’t it?  These are pictures of the old Spring Mill.
me 002me 004
Glad to see they are working on it.  Several of us stopped one day and Mrs. Lytle played an old pump organ for us and told us wonderful stories.
me 007 me 005
me 015me 009
Above is the beautiful house that has always been part of the mill property.

Trying Windows Live Writer and having some troublewith the picture alignment but as in every thing else, I will learn.  I think it affects the quality of the pictures.

Thank y’all for your kind words.  I’m normally a fixer and it bothers me that I can’t fix all the wrongs any more.

17 comments:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

That is really neat--Mrs. Lytle playing the old pipe organ for you.

Dawn said...

Beautiful Captures!
Looks as though running away is a good thing:D

Marti said...

Good pictures. I'm glad you never leave home without your camera. These old treasured buildings are such a great part of history.

carolina nana said...

You should run away more often but somewhere besides a grocery store. They make me want to run away !!!!
Blessings
Marilyn

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a great place to run away to on your way to the grocery store!
You will like live writer..you can preview your posts. I really like it and have been using it for quite some time:)

♥ Helen said...

Sometimes we just have to "run away" ;)
I am glad you brought your camera so that you could share these places (photos) with us :)
Take care♥

Jules said...

We must have the same idea about running away. :) Sorry about your smells, they can never leave things alone. And Live Writer does take some getting use to. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

TexWisGirl said...

the mill property photos are great! nice to get out of your place / head for a bit...

Judy said...

I recently read that when you use a scent for a long time, you smeller becomes used to it and it doesn't smell the same...you need to use something else for a while and then come back to your favorites...

Pat said...

I love the old mill. I like the fact that the date is on the side of the building.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

You...take pictures! Now that's a shocker. Heeehehehe!

I must say the pics of the old mill are fabulous as usual.

I ran away yesterday and bought a month's worth of supplies!!! OUCH! $$$$

How cool ya got a 'live' show at the mill.

God bless and have a sunshiny kinda day my friend!!! :o)

Susan Anderson said...

I really like wallflowers. My favorite is kitchen spice.

=)

Jeannelle said...

I like the way you placed the photos. I like Live Writer because its easy to size the photos any way you want.

Irene said...

It's a good thing you ran away from home for a while. In your present condition you shouldn't have gone grocery shopping though. Your sense of smell does change and you should try something else for a while. It will be a whole new experience. Do something else that's fun soon. You need more of these outings. XOX

Michaele said...

Now that's how to take care of you. Get away, run away, get some good photos, share with us, do it again.

Rudee said...

I'm still waiting for B& B to bring back my mint shower gel and lotion. I've turned gray waiting.

I love the mill pictures.

Gail said...

May have to write the company, Rudee. They did answer my complaint.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...