a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, January 15, 2012

This N That...

I wondered if you wondered about my new profile photo.  Is that a one-eyed Ki-Anne?  No, she's winking.  I am in search of the perfect profile photo but, so far, no luck.

I sold my western saddle yesterday.  It was a difficult thing.  I still have my Australian saddle which is much lighter than my western.  I have it, just in case, one of these days, I might believe that MAYBE I can ride.

The bright side of that is the proceeds cover the price of my little adventure I have planned for February.  Two tickets and one motel for Andrew and I to see BB King!!!!!  The tickets were purchased and the motel reserved the night before I sold the saddle. 

Maybe, I'll have enough left to buy a citrine stone.  A friend said citrine releases negative energy and protects us from outside negative forces...yep, I could use that.

I have a Bucket list...a Texas gallon bucket, an aluminum three gallon bucket and a plastic five gallon bucket.  Seriously, I do sorta have a bucket list...and on that list was to see BB King...he will be 86, I think, this year.  My grandson plays guitar just by watching someone else pay a song.  Mr King is one he watches.  This is a dream for both of us, may it be as wonderful as we believe it will be.

The sun is shining, the air is freezing but the day is beautiful...maybe I will take a walk to renew my spirit.

May your day be blessed.

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i need to rent me some citrine too! :) bb king sounds like a fabulous show!

Pat said...

This brought tears to my eyes! First, it must have been difficult to sell that saddle. BUT, what a wonderful thing you did with that money! This will be a trip of a lifetime for Andrew. What a great gift! What a great Grandma!

Have a great day, my friend!

LindaG said...

That will be a great concert. Hope you both have an amazing time!
*hugs* ♥

Susan Anderson said...

I hope that concert is everything you both deserve.

=)

Grammy said...

That is awesome. A bucket list is so rewarding to the soul to both work on and complete. I am so happy for ya. And You need to do what I did Just tell your seld "just do it.Get out that saddle and hop on that horse. Or get a chair out. :) I had no Ideal how hard it was to get on and off.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like a great concert to attend..have fun! :)

T. Powell Coltrin said...

There's hope in them there heart strings. I knew it. Yes you will ride again.

What a wonderful thing to go see BB with the guitar player of your group.

T

StitchinByTheLake said...

Congratulations on the sale and wishing for a wonderful trip to see BB King. My daughter has seen him and raves about him. blessings, marlene

Irene said...

It will be great for Andrew to see BB King. I hope you enjoy yourself just as well. It must have been hard to give up the saddle, but like you said, you still have the Australian one. The chances that you are going to ride are slim now, though, don´t you think? Have a good evening. XOX

Jules said...

OMG, you are in for a treat!!! I have seen him 3 times and I promise it will be worth it. Tell Andrew to pay attention to the notes he DOES NOT play, because that is what separates BB from the rest.

And now I'm off to find me one of those stones, I need one too! :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Dreaming said...

I can't wait to hear about the concert.
Doing something special and so very different from the norm, is a great thing for mind and body!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a fun time your and Grandson are gonna have enjoyin' BeBe together.

Makin' memories!!

God bless and have a wonderful day sweetie!!! :o)

labbie1 said...

I can't wait to hear about BB King! I haven't seen him but a few years ago we saw Chubby Checkers and boy was it fun! Hope you two have a great time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...