a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Through The Key Hole...

 

and through my dirty windshield was this glorious sight coming home from driving to visit Marcy.  We got a quarter inch of rain yesterday and a little more this evening.  Very greatly appreciated.

Marcy has been upgraded and has had some tubes removed.  They located her glasses locked in OR but cannot get them 'til Monday.  I did bring her clothes, paper and pen and a book.  I also brought candy in a sealed jar with individually wrapped pieces of candy.  The top said, Compliments from Marcella for your wonderful care.  Please help yourself.  I'm hoping more nurses will come in just to get some candy!

Marcy's color is good.  They are keeping her pain free to rest and heal.  I think they will begin working with her tomorrow. I told tall tales and made her smile.  I could read her lips and what she couldn't tell me, she wrote. One step at a time.

Thank you for all your prayers and healing thoughts.

16 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Gail, Gail, how did I miss this? I have just been through it with my little sister. Prayers are coming your way now and for days to come.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

great news

Lynne said...

Good news, smiles help a bit don't they!

TexWisGirl said...

i am glad she is progressing well. :)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Very good news!

LindaG said...

This is all wonderful news, Gail.
I hope she gets a lot of visitors. :o)
*hugs* and God bless. ♥

Irene said...

I'm sure she'll get great care without the candies too, but it's the thought that counts. I think you probably do enough talking for both of you. I'm sending extra special good thoughts in your direction. xox

LilliStJohn said...

Nothing like a little sweetness to brighten your day. Good to hear Marcy is coming along and some tubes, etc removed. Healing has begun and soon, she will be free of pain meds and rest of attachments, up n aboot, and great idea for pen n pad for now. Talk therapy will come soon and she will eventually talk your head off Gail. Great news. Take care, stay positive and lots of love and thoughts your way. :)

MadSnapper said...

great idea for the candy and bringing in the nurses. glad she is better, and I pray she is healing more each day

Laurel's Quill said...

Gail, I have been out of touch lately...who is Marcy? Whomever, it sounds like she is on the road to recovery:)

ellen abbott said...

I'm glad she's doing so well.

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds like she is definitely on the mend, and I couldn't be more happy to hear it.

I'll keep the prayers coming...

=)

Sandy Livesay said...

Gail,

I'm happy to hear Marcy is recovering from surgery. Please when you see her next, tell her to stop checking out the cute guys in the tight medical uniforms, lol....

Rudee said...

I'm continuing to think of you all!

Far Side of Fifty said...

They left her glasses where?? I hope they were not thrown out..usually nothing is left behind. My best to Marcy:)

Jenny said...

Oh my.

I hope your candy idea works.

And all the love surrounding her.

I shall add my prayers to the mix in the hopes they give you all comfort and peace.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...