a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, November 23, 2014

My Project Finished?

Ye gads! What a mess!
Can't blame it on anyone but me.
 I began with this piece which has been my bread table, 
my grinder table or 
whatever I decided to use it for table
 I attached wheels where I can roll anywhere
The rusted washers won't matter, 
they will be painted and hidden.
Used a two by four block
to attach the wheels since the main frame was only an inch
You can see by the orbs family was helping
or it could be sawdust on my camera?
My dry run.
This will be renamed an "island"
but it floats so I could call it a boat.
I have simply added a shelf on the top
and a shelf to extend the existing shelf on the bottom.
 Leveled, sanded, screwed, painted
and not quite loaded.
I'm calling it finished...
and y'all thought I was creating something wonderful!

16 comments:

MadSnapper said...

you imagined it you created it and it works really well for rolling moveable storage and looks good to... you are so talented. i could not saw a board if you held a gun to my head.

TexWisGirl said...

it's a kitchen raft!

Haddock said...

Adding those universal castor wheels is the highlight of this.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I love that you had a need and you created the solution.....yay for your ingenuity and just doing it.
The orb family was very active in their help, huh?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks great! AND you did it yourself:)

Dreaming said...

It IS wonderful! Yay, you! Isn't it fun to make a mess, sometimes?!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I need one of these. What a great idea. I am telling you, you could make money doing this!

LindaG said...

I think it IS wonderful.
And I agree. You could sell blueprints or kits.
Have a great day, Gail!

Magaly Guerrero said...

What do you mean we "thought"? It is fantastic! You are making jealous because I want to create something--with wheels--for some of my plants (to move them from window to window while the sun travel through the sky). But I'm not as gifted as you are. So I might have to ask for help.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Aren't you clever! That turned out awesome. And you made it look easy.

Lynne said...

I call you ingenious . . .
How about THAT . . .

Carol Henrichs said...

I love your new island. Unless you flood the kitchen though, I'm not sure it qualifies as a boat. :-) Your re-purposing job was fantastic; so satisfying to find a new use for things. Good job!

Unknown said...

Love your new island :)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Oh wow - what a finished product. You're super-talented. Have a Happy Monday :)

LilliStJohn said...

A Kitchen Kart/Island at its very best. I think you did a nifty job. My Father would love this as we were all taught re-purposing just by watching him re-use or make things outta stuff just sitting around. Looking good Gail.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love it! It's going to be so useful - I have an "island" and it's one of my favorite things. I also made a coffee table in my living room by putting casters on the bottom of a pallet, then stacking two more pallets on top of it and had a piece of glass cut to fit over it all. I left it rough because it fits perfectly with my primitive/farm house look. It's huge but my room is big and my grandchildren think it's the perfect table for playing. It's the "found" things we end up loving the most. blessings, marlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...