a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Good Fences

At the north end of our compound is the orchard.  The herd use this as their path through and to green pastures.  During fruit season they linger longer.

Hubby came to get me with my camera to witness the herd.  There were a dozen.  They were very alert and had been frolicking before I arrived.   I first shot through the screen, then through the window glass, then I slowly sneaked outside to get a clear view through a big lens (don't ask me what lens, I'm still learning).
They are moving toward our private road.
A few wandered over the cattle guard.
This one saw me and was sore afraid.
For those not familiar with this type of deer
the white tail "flag" is a warning for the herd.
Easy to see and tells them all DANGER.

If you're wondering what this has to do with fences
at The Run*A*Round Ranch's Good Fences
just take my word for it...
behind all that brush is a fence.

21 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the deer! the white flag made me smile. :) thanks, gail!

Sandy Livesay said...

Gail,

Great pictures of the herd. I could stay out there and watch deer forever. They're so beautiful.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Cool you saw so many deer.

Anonymous said...

Such lovely creatures.

LindaG said...

Typical farm fence. No wonder you eat so well. :-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great photo you have lots of blooms for them to eat! I think your Daffodills are safe they usually don't like them:)

eileeninmd said...

Cute shots of the deer, they are so cute! I love the flowers and fence, great shots. Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Fine pictures of all the deer and flowers :) And I found the fence ;)
Happy Easter to you!
【ツ】Knipsa

Lynne said...

I believe you . . . fun to see "a herd" of deer . . .
We saw twenty plus cross a road when we were in Iowa in a fairly residential area. Stopped traffic as they "flew" by. Hubs corrected me when I said, "look at that fleet of deer!"
(Seemed like a "fleet" to me.)

Many White Tail around here in Michigan . . .

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful post..because it has critters! I would love to wander there.

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos ! Our white tails are soo skittish I never get to get decent photos of them ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good and Happy Easter weekend !

MadSnapper said...

this is so exciting. i have never seen a deer in the wild and this is a whole gang in your own yard.. wow...

Linda Kay said...

Love the deer, and seeing them in the wild is awesome. Have a blessed weekend.

Mary Ann said...

Gail, the pictures are beautiful!

Huntress said...

Oh those deer. I wish the buck that visits in the fall would leave off beating up on one particular apple tree at my house, LOL.

I stumbled on to your blog from Alex's blog. So glad I did.

-Missouri Farmer *GRIN*

Ida said...

How neat to see that many deer at one time. I love watching them.
Just became a follower of your blog. Happy Easter.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

'Guess your scary like that, huh? Heeehehehe!!!!

Your a treasure behind that camera girlfriend. What a wonderful capture.

You survive those wicked storms last night. I have to admit...I was sore afraid too. It was bad...X3.

You have a gloriously blessed Easter weekend beautiful Gail. :o)

Sketching with Dogs said...

They are such beautiful, gentle creatures. They need their wits about them every minute though.
Lynne x

Arkansas Patti said...

Lucky you to get to observe such a delightful parade. Love the leaving salute.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

How lush and green...and you have tons of Daffs too!!!! Oh, that's right, it's supposed to be about the fence...nice fence!...:)JP

Susan Kane said...

Spring really has come with the deer out and wandering.

Wondered about that fence.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...