a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Sunday, May 31, 2015

My Dilemma My Whirligig

What sequence of events makes us a writer, not just any writer, but a writer people want to read? This thought circled in my mind late one night as I tried to turn a tale inside out attempting to make it better.

I had kicked off my shoes to reach the comfortable spot where ideas grow as thick as cherries on a spring tree.  It wasn't working.  The screen was white.  No nifty ideas were boiling inside or outside my mind.

The chain of random thoughts failed to inspire any thing I could hang my hat on.

If only there was a scale like the four C's of diamond grades:  cut, carat, clarity and color.  Some scale or system of grading that told me this is good or just give it up.

Beautiful writing will remain, like art, within the eye of the beholder.

My fingers hover over the keys convincing me I cannot write.

17 comments:

MadSnapper said...

well, tell your fingers they are wrong, you CAN write and just did, this might just be my favorite EVER..

eileeninmd said...

I agree with Sandra above, you did just write. Great post, enjoy your Sunday!

Jae Rose said...

Thick as cherries on a spring tree - i think in that line alone you have spun gold ;)

Gill - That British Woman said...

some days are easier than others when trying to make the words flow.

Country Gal said...

Great post . I think you have a knack for writing just about anything ! I have been catching up with bloggers today as it is rainy windy and chilly here ! Thanks for sharing have a good day !

Lynne said...

Well your fingers need to know it was one of your best!

TexWisGirl said...

you did very well!

C.C. said...

This is absolutely lovely: "where ideas grow as thick as cherries on a spring tree"--stunning!!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

This is perfect, and I agree with Lynne- one of your best.

Maude Lynn said...

Been there, done that!

Susan Kane said...

the last sentence "My fingers hover over the keys convincing me I cannot write." hits me constantly. Great use of your words.

LindaG said...

Haha. I agree. Your fingers are definitely wrong. Mine are constantly mis-spelling things, so I don't listen to them.
What a wonderful, brilliant piece, Gail. :-)

Michaele said...

This would be a challenge! You did very well.

21 Wits said...

Oh gee whiz your fingers are wrong if they think you can't write! I'd say you aced this, a great job indeed!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this so much!

Sandy Livesay said...

Beautifully written :-)

Unknown said...

Nicely done ... I enjoyed the read very much. Bastet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...