a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Dry Run Creek

Last week I showed you pictures of Dry Run Creek running into Norfork River below the dam. Today we're just crossing the highway to visit the Fish Hatchery and to see the other side of the road but first we are visiting another section of Dry Run Creek.
There a wonderful series of fenced stairs and rest stops so you can make your way safely to the creek.
Hubby is no longer able to walk this far especially in this humidity
so he enjoyed watching the people fish from a shady top walk.
I went exploring.
Along the way I viewed white water
and rocks.
I viewed Dry Creek traveling under the road way to the spot I photographed last week.
It was an enjoyable walk.
Fish were visible in many places.
I don't want to burn you out with photos so tomorrow I will show the fish hatchery.
Linking to A Spirit of Simplicity

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Looks like a nice creek. How warm was the water? (Because if you didn't stick your feet in it, I'll be stunned.)

LindaG said...

What a wonderful place! They have only one place like that in North Carolina where people can fish. Haven't found anything like that here, yet.

Thanks for sharing that with us, Gail! :-)

camp and cottage living said...

Great place to visit, Gail.
I bet it is beastly hot there though.
I would've been tempted to go for a dive.
Is it allowed?

Grace said...

Its good to see the water still flowing ~ When I walked in our creek the other day, the water was partially dried by the heat ~ Enjoyed the pictures Gail ~ Keep cool for the summer ~

Debbie said...

What a beautiful place, the creek looks so inviting!!

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

I arrive on the recommendation of Karen at 21 Wits...what a stunning spot this looks. Love the way it has been made easy for people to enjoy.

MadSnapper said...

beautiful spot and i would love it.. number two shot is my favorite

Sandy Livesay said...

Gail,

Now this looks like a great place to fish.

Sketching with Dogs said...

What a gorgeous place for a day out.
Lynne x

Arkansas Patti said...

That is one of the places I take out of town company. It looks so cool and shady now.

Lowcarb team member said...

This does look a very nice spot to visit Gail, you need shady spaces in hot and humid weather.

All the best Jan

IanH said...

Looks like a really nice place! Your verify is a pain. It took 6 times to get through it.

Gail said...

Testing the comment and verify.

Susie Clevenger said...

What a lovely place to walk. Beautiful photographs

Lynne said...

Looks like such a beautuful spot . . . quiet and serene . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...