a tale of tails, tenacity, and tedium, as told by me, usually barefoot and bellowing

Friday, October 14, 2016

Something From Nothing

I decided it was time to clear a stack of scrap lumber before it all ruined.  Since the snake was killed under the lodge back in June the dogs have been sleeping under the house. Making a door where I had removed the siding was on my list. I'm finally catching up.
I used scrap lumber, two old odd hinges, an old door knob and a flip latch.
I love power tools.
I began construction of dog houses.
This is the smallest and many scraps were used.
Lizzy decided she wanted this one.
She dines on top...her idea not mine.
Painted and roofed
with a foam cushion and cozy blanket, Lizzy now is ready for winter.
I added a partial piece across the door to keep weather out.
Not perfect because I'm not a carpenter but they will do.
One crawl space door complete.
One dog house down and four to go!

15 comments:

MadSnapper said...

great job. and she looks really happy with it.. you will have to build a really big one for Bonnie to fit in... I have never touched a power tool and never will. one thing is they scare me, the other is I can't measure correctly. every piece I measure would be different. I think it is because I have no math skills...

TexWisGirl said...

glad she got right in and made herself cozy!

gld said...

Good work! I love power tools and carpentry too. I don't do much of it anymore but have in the past.

This is one less thing to do for you, and hopefully not a 'repeatable' one. I love getting those kinds of things done.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that's a smart use for old wood! The dog house looks vejavascript:void(0)ry sturdy.

only slightly confused said...

You know that old song, "nothin plus nothin makes nothin"? Well in this case, it made a dog house. Great job.

Susan said...

I am a lover of power tools, too. I think Lizzie's house looks fabulous!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

As always an ambitious undertaking. It's been so long since I worked with power tools that I'm kinda embarrassed. Gonna make up for it this weekend when Sweet Man and I do some "catch up" work for winter. xoxo Linda

Arkansas Patti said...

Lizzie seems to really like her new digs. How about a dormitory style house for the remaining ones? Mine use to enjoy sharing body heat as long as they had their own space and lots of soft hay.

Sketching with Dogs said...

You are so clever, it looks great! Lizzie said it needs a bit more headroom though 😄
Lynne x

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is adorable! You did such a good job! And now they will each have something to call their own. Do they stay out all winter?

Anonymous said...

Aren't you the busy little bee? I just love LizzyGirl. She looks so adorable in here. I can imagine her dining on the rooftop patio, like a proper little aristocratic lady. *wink* Like you, your pack is special. Hugs.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your hands are always busy ...
Good job, and Lizzy loves it.

All the best Jan

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Good job- you are a busy gal!

Far Side of Fifty said...

As long as the dogs like it!! Good job:)

Josie Two Shoes said...

What a delightful little dog house, Lucky Lizzy will be cozy and warm! Your dwarf sized door looks perfect too! We want to see the whole tiny house "dog community" when you've finished with them! :-) <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...